Forscan changes - tweak your truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can't make the steering wheel & seat move at the same time and can't pull the door code with FORScan. If you can't find it on the card that came with the owner's manual, etc., you should be able to find it on a sticker on the front passenger floor kick panel fuse cover.

Thanks for the info.

I was actually wondering about pulling door codes for use here at the dealership. We frequently trade vehicles that we don't have the door codes for and service charges us $40 to pull them from the computer. Was just hoping Forscan had the ability and I could save some money.

The seat and steering wheel deal is just annoying. I like to jump in the vehcile and go right away but the delay makes me wait a few seconds.

Livnitup

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info.

I was actually wondering about pulling door codes for use here at the dealership. We frequently trade vehicles that we don't have the door codes for and service charges us $40 to pull them from the computer. Was just hoping Forscan had the ability and I could save some money.

The seat and steering wheel deal is just annoying. I like to jump in the vehcile and go right away but the delay makes me wait a few seconds.

It annoyed me too so I disabled it in the cluster menu (settings, vehicle, Easy entry/exit)

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It annoyed me too so I disabled it in the cluster menu (settings, vehicle, Easy entry/exit)

I had also done that. But even though I'm not a very big guy I still like the extra room crawling i and out. I try not to rub the side of my seats so over time the leather doesn't show excess wear. Harder to do without the easy entry/exit activated

jdubub

#AllRaptorsMatter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Answered my own question...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Schmagagled

Reaction score
I tried it with Sync3 v2.2. It works! Sort of.... It changed my clock (an hour behind now) and my system language to English UK. I did not find a way change it back. There was no other English in the settings.

Travel Link seems to work normally except that the gas prices are in £. I could live with that, but the clock being off may bother me too much if I can't adjust it back.

Full disclosure I only tried navigation in motion right now. I did not try text messages as I use GoogleVoice/Hangouts and it is not compatible with Sync anyways so I didn't really think about it. I can try sending a text when I leave again though.

Thanks for your continued efforts Livinitup!

There was more than one version of the V3.0 update floating around. When I did mine it says I got the NA (North America) version. Are you sure that's the one you got? I can't think of any other reason your system thinks you're in the UK other than you DL'd the "World" version of the update.

I could be completely wrong though.

Oh and everybody's clock gets off by one hour this time of year. Synch don't play DST, you have to change the hour difference yourself.

S.

mac_attack

Reaction score
There was more than one version of the V3.0 update floating around. When I did mine it says I got the NA (North America) version. Are you sure that's the one you got? I can't think of any other reason your system thinks you're in the UK other than you DL'd the "World" version of the update.

I could be completely wrong though.

Oh and everybody's clock gets off by one hour this time of year. Synch don't play DST, you have to change the hour difference yourself.

S.

My changes came from the navigation while in motion change not the software update. I am still on Sync v2.2. I downloaded the v3.0 but haven't installed it yet. I had originally missed the post where Livintup said it would change the country code, so I was surprised at first. post1196081 It's all good to me though.

Schmagagled

Reaction score
My changes came from the navigation while in motion change not the software update. I am still on Sync v2.2. I downloaded the v3.0 but haven't installed it yet. I had originally missed the post where Livintup said it would change the country code, so I was surprised at first. post1196081 It's all good to me though.

Okay, now that's just wrong. I was about to change mine to allow the changes while moving tweak but I'm not doing it if my truck is going to end up european as a result. Oh hell no!

I did not know that that code change had that side effect. I wonder why Livin didn't mention that ;-}

S.