Does Anyone actually buy a Raptor at MSRP?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yeah my PP Tax bill is killer in VA. If you have any sort of "property", Virginia taxes the shit out of it. Virginia is in the top 20 of "taxing" states, but some states don't even have income taxes.

Of course, every state gets their money by taxing whatever/wherever they believe there is money to be had. Some things taxed more than others.

Virginia. Taxing, and taking your freedom since 1607.

MGD

Banned
Reaction score
Good to see more msrp orders as the norm. a few reports lately of over $4k under msrp though.

sbdave

Reaction score
I just picked up my 2018 Magnetic Screw with 802A yesterday. Being from SoCal I couldn't find anything close to MSRP locally. I contacted a ton of dealerships across the nation, but ended up going with Chapman Arizona. They came in $500 under MSRP for a truck that was spec'd exactly how I wanted.

Here are the best of the other dealerships I contacted:

Team Ford Las Vegas: As everyone has stated, they will sell at MSRP. They said it would be less than 6 months, but when I told them that was too long, they said they actually had a few trucks arriving in May, that they could still edit. Very nice, and helpful, and would highly recommend them... in the end, Arizona had the truck now and was $500 cheaper.

Mac Haik Ford Pasadena, TX. Another user had received nearly $2900 off MSRP so I contacted them first. They stated the reason that buyer had such a great deal was because he had a trade in that they made $2000 off. I contacted the buyer, and he did say that during his negotiations he did mention he had a trade-in. The lowest I could get was $1000 off MSRP, and only if I financed through them. If you lived close by, and could see them in person, I think you could probably get another couple hundred off. In the end they were too far away.

Truckville, Sour Lake, TX: $1200 under MSRP. All their Raptors have graphics, which I had no interest in. I would think you could get a little more off if you went into the dealership.

Marshall Ford in Missouri. Another member recommended them, and he was able to do an allocation order for $1000 under MSRP. He only had one or two allocations left, so he may now be out. Again, too far to save an extra $500.

Ronnie Watkins Ford, AL. These guys had that Ebay listing a couple weeks back for $2300 under MSRP. I negotiated they waive their admin fee, and they agreed. Being so far away, I really was only using their offer to play off other dealers. They ended up selling that truck, but she said she could match the discount on any other Raptor they had in stock. Had they had a Raptor that I liked, I would have considered it, and had it shipped.

After contacting a bunch of dealerships, I feel like they are starting to realize that they need to lower their prices. They are still making plenty of money off the sales. I think come Memorial day, prices will be even lower as more dealerships feel like they need to move the 2018s to make room for the 2019s.

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Who did you speak to at Ronnie Watkins ford to get the price match? And we’re they offering the same $2300 off the price?
Thanks

I just picked up my 2018 Magnetic Screw with 802A yesterday. Being from SoCal I couldn't find anything close to MSRP locally. I contacted a ton of dealerships across the nation, but ended up going with Chapman Arizona. They came in $500 under MSRP for a truck that was spec'd exactly how I wanted.

Here are the best of the other dealerships I contacted:

Team Ford Las Vegas: As everyone has stated, they will sell at MSRP. They said it would be less than 6 months, but when I told them that was too long, they said they actually had a few trucks arriving in May, that they could still edit. Very nice, and helpful, and would highly recommend them... in the end, Arizona had the truck now and was $500 cheaper.

Mac Haik Ford Pasadena, TX. Another user had received nearly $2900 off MSRP so I contacted them first. They stated the reason that buyer had such a great deal was because he had a trade in that they made $2000 off. I contacted the buyer, and he did say that during his negotiations he did mention he had a trade-in. The lowest I could get was $1000 off MSRP, and only if I financed through them. If you lived close by, and could see them in person, I think you could probably get another couple hundred off. In the end they were too far away.

Truckville, Sour Lake, TX: $1200 under MSRP. All their Raptors have graphics, which I had no interest in. I would think you could get a little more off if you went into the dealership.

Marshall Ford in Missouri. Another member recommended them, and he was able to do an allocation order for $1000 under MSRP. He only had one or two allocations left, so he may now be out. Again, too far to save an extra $500.

Ronnie Watkins Ford, AL. These guys had that Ebay listing a couple weeks back for $2300 under MSRP. I negotiated they waive their admin fee, and they agreed. Being so far away, I really was only using their offer to play off other dealers. They ended up selling that truck, but she said she could match the discount on any other Raptor they had in stock. Had they had a Raptor that I liked, I would have considered it, and had it shipped.

After contacting a bunch of dealerships, I feel like they are starting to realize that they need to lower their prices. They are still making plenty of money off the sales. I think come Memorial day, prices will be even lower as more dealerships feel like they need to move the 2018s to make room for the 2019s.

sbdave

Reaction score
Amanda and Mike Wallace. Though this was two weeks ago, and they did stipulate that they were only offering that because they had too many Raptors in stock, and wanted to move one. And that if they did sell one they would not be able to offer that steep of a discount. Could've just been a sales tactic, but just FYI. At least should help you negotiate.

Good luck

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Amanda and Mike Wallace. Though this was two weeks ago, and they did stipulate that they were only offering that because they had too many Raptors in stock, and wanted to move one. And that if they did sell one they would not be able to offer that steep of a discount. Could've just been a sales tactic, but just FYI. At least should help you negotiate.

Good luck

Inquired about the white raptor. Selling price is MSRP at the moment, "its the last white raptor they have, and it just got off the truck not too long ago."

oh well.

fuhrius

Reaction score
Yeah my PP Tax bill is killer in VA. If you have any sort of "property", Virginia taxes the shit out of it. Virginia is in the top 20 of "taxing" states, but some states don't even have income taxes.

Of course, every state gets their money by taxing whatever/wherever they believe there is money to be had. Some things taxed more than others.

"property" doesn't have to be in quotes...a truck is actually property.
Some states don't have income taxes but all states have taxes. It turns out that it's really hard to build roads with taxes. Then again, if you have a Raptor, who needs roads?