Rear door glass part number does not actually fit truck, anyone encountered this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xlover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very odd situation... the part number ford has in the system attached to my VIN for the rear door glass does not actually fit the truck. Dealer has gone through multiple iterations and has a case opened with ford. Has anyone encountered needing to replace this part before? Apparently the part they keep being delivered has different mounting than what came from the factory. 2023 801A.

My truck was delivered with scratches to the rear drivers side door glass, no idea how it happened (my theory is transport driver attempted to put on the lower level). Dealer noticed before delivery, informed me, we filled out a ford IOU, and I went on my merry way thinking in a few weeks it would be fixed (this is FEB 2023)
However:
Attempt 1 April: Dealer gets part instock, takes the truck, after disassembly finds out glass does not fit, mounting setup did not match, they first thought it was wrong side. Dealer will double check and reorder
Attempt 2 May: Dealer gets part instock, confirms part is correct side, takes truck, after disassembly glass does not fit, mounting setup is wrong. Dealer has a WTF moment, takes pics
Attempt 3 August: part comes in, dealer compares to photos... part is still wrong
Potential attempt 4: dealer offered to take glass off a new stock raptor when it comes in, however... raptors are kinda in short supply lol. They are also talking about trying to get someone from Ford out when they do it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter