NEGOTATE A PRICE LOWER THAN THE MSRP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hack lawyers and realtors combined with entities like Blackrock are the only reason we need realtors. They've created their own job security with lobbying, and bogus contract law. If we could get back to good faith negotiating and fewer leeches in the real-estate scene from finance to agents the world would be better place. Mortgage officers should be one of the first to go.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Hack lawyers and realtors combined with entities like Blackrock are the only reason we need realtors. They've created their own job security with lobbying, and bogus contract law. If we could get back to good faith negotiating and fewer leeches in the real-estate scene from finance to agents the world would be better place. Mortgage officers should be one of the first to go.
As long as there have been humans, there have been unethical humans. if we could get back to negotiating in good faith, there wouldn’t be any government anywhere. That horse left the barn when Cain killed Abel.

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The hand shake deals of I'll give you 40 acres for your 100 cattle and ex wife without any other interactions are long long gone.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What’s wrong with this? if you feel like it’s unfair, start a different system that’s better and less expensive.

I have a different opinion. I am not a realtor, do not work in the real estate or associated businesses, but I do casually know some who do.

I drive by FSBO properties going to Hill Country all the time, and I think @GCATX has pretty well encapsulated this, though a bit of a ‘coarse’ description as a convenience fee.
One thing that you do gain access to by going through an agent is some experience that you might not otherwise have. For example, if you have no practical experience in construction, you might be able to spot obvious issues, like walls that aren’t straight (because the homeowner finished out the room), but you might not pick up on the floor that isn’t quite level, the wiring that isn’t current or has too many loads on a circuit, or major rehab where rooms aren’t connected in a sensical, efficient manner.

It’s also the convenience of navigating the required legal process for a binding property ownership transfer and that your interests are objectively represented. I need one to sell real estate for sure. When someone lowballs my house price, I tend to get a little ... we’ll call it impolite. My selling agents have handled that well and absorbed my profanity laden rants, and kept things on track.

YMMV, but IMO this field serves a useful and sometimes necessary function, and offers a tangible societal benefit. Unlike politicians.
I am not saying they are not valuable. Some are but their cost is far higher than their value. I hire a structural engineer to review the homes I have bought for 500-600 bucks. I sold a property a few years ago, the gal staged it with furniture she provided, open house, kept the box full of flyers, suggested great changes etc. at least she did a few things. 6% is ridiculous for work most can do.

dj30417

XX drive an OG Raptor and a Winnie
Reaction score