Did I Damage My Frame/Suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jevo

Reaction score
In my experience you bend the axle before you damage the suspension.

While not recommended you would be amazed at how hard a hit these trucks will take before they break.

magnum5az

Reaction score
Bringing this old post back to life - So this past weekend on my 2018 Raptor I took the truck out to Lake Isabella in Cali with a fully loaded bed with all our camping gear and fridge setup and on the stock leaf springs - We hit a dip on the freeway at about 70mph on 37's and I heard a loud bang from the rear driver wheel going up into the fender and after that the inner fender liner which looks like aluminum popped-off at the rivet and where I drew the line in the piece now has a separation of metal. I had some self tapping screws in the truck so I was able to drill the piece that attached at the rivet (see arrow) back into the rest of the wheel well but not sure what to do now. I have looked online and can't seem to find any details if this piece of metal is replaceable?

Pic was copied from the original post.

The truck is currently at a shop as of today 06/09/21 getting the Deaver and Geiser front spring treatment. I don't think any of this would have happened had those parts been installed already but with these truck gaining even more popularity during the Quarantine everything is on back order. Wish I could have snagged some pics but I forgot to this morning prior to dropping off the truck.

IMG_4649.jpeg

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bringing this old post back to life - So this past weekend on my 2018 Raptor I took the truck out to Lake Isabella in Cali with a fully loaded bed with all our camping gear and fridge setup and on the stock leaf springs - We hit a dip on the freeway at about 70mph on 37's and I heard a loud bang from the rear driver wheel going up into the fender and after that the inner fender liner which looks like aluminum popped-off at the rivet and where I drew the line in the piece now has a separation of metal. I had some self tapping screws in the truck so I was able to drill the piece that attached at the rivet (see arrow) back into the rest of the wheel well but not sure what to do now. I have looked online and can't seem to find any details if this piece of metal is replaceable?

Pic was copied from the original post.

The truck is currently at a shop as of today 06/09/21 getting the Deaver and Geiser front spring treatment. I don't think any of this would have happened had those parts been installed already but with these truck gaining even more popularity during the Quarantine everything is on back order. Wish I could have snagged some pics but I forgot to this morning prior to dropping off the truck.

View attachment 170290
You should add the SVC bump stop kit while you are at it for extra peace of mind with that load and tire size. Awesome dog and truck! What kind of shell is that?

magnum5az

Reaction score
Its the Snugtop Rebel color matched with all the bells and whistles inside. Carpet all around, 2 48” LED lightbars and an automatic rear door system. One of my favorite upgrades for going camping/overlanding