Did I Damage My Frame/Suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BlueRaptor20

BlueRaptor20

Reaction score
From the pictures it does look like the springs are slightly going downwards at each side of the block.
Now I will admit it can be an optical illusion that the camera took.
Maybe a better shot from behind the tire showing the spring riding along the block would be ideal.

I didn't realize that Ford put an extra leaf in the spring pack.
The Gen 1 OEM rear springs only has 3

View attachment 139690

This is what any Raptor needs

View attachment 139693

Here are better pictures, one on each side:

IMG_4652.jpg IMG_4658.jpg

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's roughly the same height in the rear; about 8.5" from the top of the tire to the bottom of the fender flare. There's roughly ~1/8" difference between the driver's and passenger's side. I don't think that's severe enough to suggest anything.

If the driver side is the lower one, it's actually pretty normal due to the fuel tank.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, that's better pictures, so, not bent.
But they sure look flat but I cannot remember what the OEM's should look like.
How does your raptor sit? Close to level or does it have the factory rake?
I believe all Raptors have the lean, down an 1/8" to 1/4" on the drivers side.

And the bump stop is fine, you can take it off and hammer the lip back down and spray paint it up, no one would know.

Last edited:

realjones88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to my truck (small jump and completely bottomed out) with the fender liner marks. Truck has been fine and that was thousands of miles ago.

Agreed that we probably need to look at either upgrading the rear with deavers/bump stops or drive slower.

nfsraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly you are totally fine I've hit hard with 800lbs in the bed and my bumps were way worse than that. I just took it out last weekend after putting in deavers and RPG bump stops and it was a world of difference. No more wheel hop no more fish tailing and no more bottoming out I highly recommend if you love to go out get those upgrades.