2019 hit on right front, $29K repair bill...insurance woes...USAA sucks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jabrony

Reaction score
R_1_IMG_2635.jpg

Here is my 2019, the wife was sitting in a turn lane and was struck almost broadside by a chick who traversed 3 lanes of traffic- apparently with here eyes closed- trying to get into the turn lane where my truck already was. She was at fault and cited for her foolishness, the wife has some injuries but she will recover from those. The truck is a different story... although the damage appeares to me to be somewhat minor, its not. The other driver at least had Farmers's insurance however, she only had $50k coverage for vehicle damage... The Farmers adjuster told me that they repairs would probably eclipse their coverage limit and he felt that it was totaled. The Truck went to Koon's Ford and they conducted a cursory inspection of the broken bits BUT did not have a mechanic inspect the frame or other mechanical bits. Farmers tossed this to my insurance (USAA) and they took their sweet time calling, advising or returning calls. Acting on their own they approved an invoice from Koons for the suspension and body bits for $15,920 (incl labor). They told Koons to start fixing... we are now 1.5 months since the they received the truck and they STILL have not looked for frame damage. My calls and texts to USAA went unanswered. Well, guess what... KOONS finally inspected the frame and ITS BENT, requiring it to be replaced.... Surely this is totaled now right? Nope, Koons sent another invoice to USAA for $12,290 more dollars for the apparent deconstruction and reconstruction of my truck. So, this is wehre I sit, now 2 months in and no expplanations from USAA... what does it take to total a truck? I am worried that I will get this back and I will be forever chasing down issues! What do you all think? what more can I do about this?
Thank you for your help!
John

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a PITA dealing with insurance companies. Seems odd that a frame would be replaced on a 5 year old truck.

My Dad had an 04 F150 and it was hit in the back and bent the frame. The frame was replaced on that truck, but it was only like 6 months old

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
It sucks but that is the chance we take driving nice trucks out in public. Just call them every day to "check in."

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I’m sorry to hear about this. Keep in mind the frame is sectioned to facilitate replacement.

your insurance should not be àss dragging. I’d find a way to escalate and if that didn’t work id lawyer up. GEICO made my mom sue them for another driver rear ending her. They were also insured by GEICO.

let the lawyers eat too IMO

fordrat

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate to see shiiiiii like this it’s really messed up especially to such a nice truck and insurance companys suck all most always they don’t care about the people that are affected you, your wife that’s a crime in itself really sorry for you and your family and hope for the best for you take care and keep the faith

shigman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sheesh 50K in insurance coverage…might as well be uninsured with todays vehicle prices. If farmers thought it was totaled they should have written you a 50K dollar check and let USAA pick up any remaining costs. Then they can sort out how they split up the salvage. Perfect world stuff i suppose.

Sorry to see, hope you and yours bounce back.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter