2019 hit on right front, $29K repair bill...insurance woes...USAA sucks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
usually the only time and at fault insured get passed off back to your insurance is if they havr already exceeded the at faults limits, at which point your uim would kick in for the rest. considering theres injuries, i would consult an attorney

Monkish1

Reaction score
Glad your ok and hope your wife gets better soon. Hopefully USAA will get it fixed or total it so you can move on.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Sheesh 50K in insurance coverage…might as well be uninsured with todays vehicle prices. If farmers thought it was totaled they should have written you a 50K dollar check and let USAA pick up any remaining costs. Then they can sort out how they split up the salvage. Perfect world stuff i suppose.

Sorry to see, hope you and yours bounce back.
This. Get a lawyer.

OP
OP
Jabrony

Jabrony

Reaction score
Thank you all for the well wishes and advice. I am looking into a lawyer, I guess to further complicate the issue!!
My main concerns are that Koons Ford will be performing the dis/reassembly of the truck and what issues that will hold in the future if I chose to keep it. What kind of warranty will it now have that they essentially rebuilt my truck??
My other main concern is that the truck will not be worth the same amount as pre accident so I need to be "made whole" by the settlement.

R/
John

200.gif

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Thank you all for the well wishes and advice. I am looking into a lawyer, I guess to further complicate the issue!!
My main concerns are that Koons Ford will be performing the dis/reassembly of the truck and what issues that will hold in the future if I chose to keep it. What kind of warranty will it now have that they essentially rebuilt my truck??
My other main concern is that the truck will not be worth the same amount as pre accident so I need to be "made whole" by the settlement.

R/
John

View attachment 443064
USAA will warranty all the work themselves (ask about this as its been a few years)
Ask about any manufacture warranty, my guess is that if this is malfunctioning because of that(wreck), USAA will foot the bill.

Also, look into a diminished value claim.

Last edited:

someday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TBH doesnt look too bad. if your not too **** then get it fixed if not totaled and keep on raptoring

though finding scabs is like a needle in a haystack

Last edited: