Exhaust Actuator Broken.. Anyone Else?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BayRaptor925

Reaction score
This is essentally the exact same issue that the ecoboost gen 3s have been dealing with since day 1. The spring replacement is typically for 2021-early 2022 builds. Mine is a mid 2022 and that spring replacement did not apply to me, I had to have the entire exhaust replaced. The new exhaust has been fine since, which confuses me why R's are having this issue. My guess would be that the exhausts were ordered before the fix was implemented, and as such, the broken/dated parts were sent out the door.
Or it could be there is more air pressure from the V8 that yet requires another spring upgrade. Perhaps they were using the same modules from the Ecoboost models.

sharkhunt

Reaction score
Mine was “actuator b.” They took the truck in and started working on the csps. Hopefully the parts aren’t back ordered.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or it could be there is more air pressure from the V8 that yet requires another spring upgrade. Perhaps they were using the same modules from the Ecoboost models.
Certainly possible. I will say, after the issues that I've had with the stock exhaust, and hearing about 3 resonators on the R exhaust, I would be very very inclined to get an aftermarket exhaust.

That being said, I have a Corsa on my GT350, and it has valve issues upon startup where it rings and makes sounds until the car comes down from high idle. After that, its awesome. But it makes the car sound like garbage on initial start. Gonna see if Corsa can replace the muffler this coming spring.

Essentailly, aftermarket may be issues too...

BayRaptor925

Reaction score
Yeah mine rattles like shit on cold start but I absolutely love the level adjustment. I can't tell you how many business calls I've been able to take in quiet mode and people think I'm in the office.

sharkhunt

Reaction score
Got mine back today, took a week from drop off to replace the exhaust parts and then complete all the CSPs.

Burt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
took mine in as the exhaust had a rattle in it - they replaced the actuator springs following the tsb and it still rattled, found a bent valve - ended up replacing the entire exhaust even the tips - the rattle is gone and the exhaust note sounds better than it did before, quiet is really really quiet now and baja sounds better - tried to get the last portion of the old exhaust to put on my yet to be picked up R order as I heard they are a direct fit and then bypass the R resonators just before the tips on the R, they said they have to send the entire old exhaust back to Ford :(