After 5 years of carefully backing into my garage, I finally took out the passenger side mirror

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EMY92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a 2 door garage with a brick column dividing the doors. In my 2006 F150, I'd roll the window down and pull in the driver's side mirror. My Gen2 Raptor was too wide for that trick. So, I remodeled my garage, new beam to span the opening, removed the column and a custom single door. I have plenty of space on each side now.

Heeter87

Reaction score
@goblues38 what is the part # you replaced? I cracked same part on my drivers side, no damage to painted cap just black plastic trim between cap and mirror. But didnt know you could just buy that part. Thanks.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That sucks but at least you were able to fix it. Go Rangers.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife did this twice and once through the garage door that wasn’t quite open past her rear roof spoiler before she/we decided she should just park outside.in a span of 3 weeks or so

OP
OP
goblues38

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@goblues38 what is the part # you replaced? I cracked same part on my drivers side, no damage to painted cap just black plastic trim between cap and mirror. But didnt know you could just buy that part. Thanks.
I can't find a part number. I just searched eBay and found what I needed.

15-20 Ford F150 Passenger Side View Mirror Frame Trim Ring Cover Bezels-l1600.png

Heeter87

Reaction score
Thanks @goblues38 ! Got the part and fixed this weekend. Had been bugging me for a while and replacing whole mirror assembly was around $800. Gave up on it because I couldnt find that piece sold separately anywhere else.

OP
OP
goblues38

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks @goblues38 ! Got the part and fixed this weekend. Had been bugging me for a while and replacing whole mirror assembly was around $800. Gave up on it because I couldnt find that piece sold separately anywhere else.
Yeah. I was bummed too. Didn’t want to spend $800 for a simple fix. Glad it worked out for the both of us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter