Did I Damage My Frame/Suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlueRaptor20

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently had the chance to take my 2019 Raptor out to enjoy the AZ desert after the rain we had this week. Unfortunately I hit a washed out section carrying too much speed, and felt the truck take the impact on the driver's side. My rear passenger tire completely tucked and I felt the truck bottom out in the rear. It bent the stock bump stop slightly and took the paint off the inside of the wheel well. However the passenger side bump stop is perfectly fine.

Should I be worried about any kind of significant frame damage/suspension damage? I am assuming the worst. The truck drives straight and performs just as it did before. Pictures are attached.

IMG_4646.jpg IMG_4648.jpg IMG_4649.jpg

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
How’s the tire look?

It looks like a little rubbing. probably fine.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Both rear springs look flat and mashed the left side OEM dump stop.
Good thing the extra bump stop frame support was added like they started doing on the later Gen 1s

You'll be fine but the next time it's going to be a lot more damage.
Probably the rear shocks would get damaged because you've compromised the rear spring already.

Time to start upgrading. :)

Last edited:

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How can you tell the rear springs are bent from those photos or is it just guess work based on the description of what happened?

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From the pictures it does look like the springs are slightly going downwards at each side of the block.
Now I will admit it can be an optical illusion that the camera took.
Maybe a better shot from behind the tire showing the spring riding along the block would be ideal.

I didn't realize that Ford put an extra leaf in the spring pack.
The Gen 1 OEM rear springs only has 3

2012-12-24_08-22-46_214.jpg

This is what any Raptor needs

Springs.jpg

Last edited: