Did Ford remove BOTH sets of crash bars or just the front ones?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dtt255

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow such complaining about the gen 2. Why even bothering posting in the gen 2 forum then? Go to the gen 1 area and stay with your merry and of men.
I don't get it. Trying to 'educate' us? Trying to show why your truck is 'better?'
Makes no sense to me.
Glad you are happy with yours, we are happy with ours. Good enough?

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
An excellent example of a standard propaganda technique. A polarized argument - "vastly superior in every way" - is advanced with nothing to support it. Another use of the same propaganda technique was Joseph Goebbels' argument that "Arians" were vastly superior to Jews.

So let's deconstruct this, shall we? How many ways are there for one truck to be superior to another? Is the windshield superior? The brake lines? The Schrader valves on the AC lines? Bumpers, body metal, headliners, gear shift knobs, gear ratios? There is, in fact, as many ways for one truck to be superior to another as trucks have parts.

And what does "vastly superior" mean? How would, say, the gas pedal on one truck be vastly superior to another truck's gas pedal? Jake said, "in every way," so a Gen 2's gas pedal has to be vastly superior to a Gen 1's gas pedal. That's what he said actually means.

So, of course, this use of an old propagandist's trick is both false and misleading. That's why no proof is offered, because it's impossible to prove. This is especially so because there are likely to be plenty of part numbers common to both Gen 1s and Gen 2s. Those parts can't be "vastly superior in every way" if they're the exact same parts.

This would be more fun if it were difficult. Oh well.

The gen 2 is vastly superior in intelligence than the gen 1. The gen 2 has a much larger brain than the gen 1. :wizserious: :wizsmile:

Last edited:

17Jake

REBEL 12 HK
Reaction score
Source please
ALUMINUM BODY > STEEL BACKBONE
High strength, military grade, aluminum alloy helps make the '17 RAPTOR 500lbs lighter. Light weight, high strength, military grade, Sheet Molded Composite is used for hood & front fender construction. Cab, box & rear fenders are formed from high strength, military grade, aluminum alloy. Bumpers are formed from high strength, military grade, steel. Combine that with its unique, reinforced, boxed, high strength, military grade, steel frame & you get the best-performing, most capable Raptor ever. Fastest, toughest, best looking truck on the planet...period!

Last edited:

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ALUMINUM BODY. STEEL BACKBONE.
High-strength, military-grade, aluminum alloy makes the new Ford F-150 Raptor up to 500 pounds lighter than before. Light weight/Reinforced Sheet Molded Composite is used in hood & front fender construction. Bumpers are formed from high strength steel. Combine that with its unique high-strength, reinforced, boxed high strength steel frame and you get the best-performing, most capable Raptor yet. Combine that with its unique high-strength, reinforced, boxed high strength steel frame and you get the best-performing, most capable Raptor yet.
Have you seen the aluminum alloy mods available for the Gen1? Yeah, me either, because nobody makes them since it doesn't increase performance. In fact, aside from the stubby radio antenna mod, every thing I've done to increase performance on my truck has made it weigh More. "Better", "more capable"...100% subjective.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

17Jake

REBEL 12 HK
Reaction score
^decreased weight = increased performance
Military grade G2 taps out yer modded g1:flipthebird:
#outfuckin'matched

Last edited:

Geo_Tactical

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^decreased weight = increased performance
I'll put my stock G2 up against a modded g1...anyday :flipthebird:
#g1 slugs
Aluminum alloy and decreased weight on trucks was Ford trying to comply with government regulations around fuel economy. Government regulations leading to increased performance has happened, ummm, never. They can spin that anyway they want, and I'm sure they spent a lot of money on opinion surveys to get the right messaging. I'm sure it's a nice truck though. As for the rest...LOL. Merry Christmas

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk