2017 - transmission replace, brakes, moonroof, door latches - arrived at the fork in the road

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadRaptor65

Reaction score
I have a 17 with 62k miles. I pull my Tracker boat that is pretty light. After pulling it. I will randomly get a hard down shift. I all so will get a hard shift from P to D or R at cold start if I don’t let it warm up for a couple of minutes.
My question is, if my tranny goes bad. Should I have it rebuilt from someone besides getting a new one from Ford? Or do you think that ford has fixed the issues with 17’s?

Last edited:
OP
OP
solsurfr

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 17 with 62k miles. I pull my Tracker boat that is pretty light. After pulling it. I will randomly get a hard down shift. I all so will get a hard shift from P to P or R at cold start if I don’t let it warm up for a couple of minutes.
My question is, if my tranny goes bad. Should I have it rebuilt from someone besides getting a new one from Ford? Or do you think that ford has fixed the issues with 17’s?
I'm also wondering that as well. I would think that Ford would not send a 1:1 for transmission that hasn't been updated to address the known issues found in that generation part number. I'll ask my service advisor and see if he knows.