Better exhaust sound quality: Trombone style from Gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think I must be alone on here when it comes to liking the exhaust sound.
And I'm probably alone in that I've never noticed the exhaust sound. One of the side benefits of lots of tractor driving and unprotected shooting ... not to mention the rock concerts. My wife thinks I need a hearing aid, just when I was starting to enjoy some peace and quiet. Women are never happy. :)

Sweetlou1182

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Be interesting to see a trombone style and see how it sounds on the gen2. I like a good exhaust but am about to yank my atak off mine in the coming weeks. Farty was a good way to put the sound at times haha

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't expect it to sound like a V8. Just wish it sounded like a good V6. I've not done anything to the exhaust and probably won't (less a more quiet Limited muffler). Someone posted a vid in this thread or another of an equal length that sounded really good. GTR-ish or the like. That I might spend money on.

RaptorAddict1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't expect it to sound like a V8. Just wish it sounded like a good V6. I've not done anything to the exhaust and probably won't (less a more quiet Limited muffler). Someone posted a vid in this thread or another of an equal length that sounded really good. GTR-ish or the like. That I might spend money on.
This exactly. I don't expect to be able to make a v6 sound like a v8. But a great sounding v6 would be just as good as a great sounding v8. Obviously, anyone would prefer the v8 over the v6 but who is willing to pay $20k(or whatever the difference) is the question. I'm not sure that with a great sounding v6 that I would. A GTR would be a great bench mark for the sound engineering department. :)