Gen 3 Raptor Downpipes from SPD Performance Now Available at Apollo Optics!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
I did a few dyno pulls to test the changes with these pipes on my stock truck. I tested it completely stock, and then tested it with a tune. After that I tested the truck with the new pipes on a stock tune, and then with a custom tune. There was not a large gain in power.

On my modified truck I do believe they contributed to a noticeable power gain, but I did not test them separately to have the dyno numbers.

I will add the charts in an edit to this post shortly.

See the last photo for explanation of all these charts.

The truck made less power and torque with the pipes installed.
View attachment 429007View attachment 429008
interesting results. I wonder what’s going on there, seems like the pipes are breathing bettertop on the end power. Maybe the truck is making more power and not having to target higher torque? anyone have any “used‘ ones they want to ship to ca? Offroad use only of course…

F23 raptor

Reaction score
I did a few dyno pulls to test the changes with these pipes on my stock truck. I tested it completely stock, and then tested it with a tune. After that I tested the truck with the new pipes on a stock tune, and then with a custom tune. There was not a large gain in power.

On my modified truck I do believe they contributed to a noticeable power gain, but I did not test them separately to have the dyno numbers.

I will add the charts in an edit to this post shortly.

See the last photo for explanation of all these charts.

The truck made less power and torque with the pipes installed.
View attachment 429007View attachment 429008
Are these a stock gen 3 numbers? Putting down Impressive numbers for sure. So SPD downpipes help on stock trucks, but lose a bit on tuned? I'm assuming they'll shine with some larger turbos/ more boost?

slimmytimmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are these a stock gen 3 numbers? Putting down Impressive numbers for sure. So SPD downpipes help on stock trucks, but lose a bit on tuned? I'm assuming they'll shine with some larger turbos/ more boost?
Correct. I couldn’t make the power, or have the power curve I do on my modded truck without the pipes. I wouldn’t put them on a stock turbo truck unless you just want the sound.

F23 raptor

Reaction score
Correct. I couldn’t make the power, or have the power curve I do on my modded truck without the pipes. I wouldn’t put them on a stock turbo truck unless you just want the sound.
I ordered them already, I figure the sound is a selling point enough. I'll have them in place already for when some additional things like turbos and tuning are available on the 23+

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter