New SPD Performance HX Series Raptor Muffler Replacement available to Pre-order at Apollo Optics.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FDNY-L107

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will do. Got a family trip this weekend, so hopefully the following weekend or the one after that. Trying to get both our schedules in line.
Hi Kyle,

I am certainly onboard with this and would need to change out my current AWE 0F system, which sounds like $2k of crap and expecting to sound worse once my DPs and manifolds are installed. Just need confirmation that these pipes will install with the AWE tailpipes. I am VERY interested in this new quieter version. Thanks!

OP
OP
Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Kyle,

I am certainly onboard with this and would need to change out my current AWE 0F system, which sounds like $2k of crap and expecting to sound worse once my DPs and manifolds are installed. Just need confirmation that these pipes will install with the AWE tailpipes. I am VERY interested in this new quieter version. Thanks!

Mark I replied to your PM.

bpetty13

Reaction score
I also have the AWE 0FG installed and am curious if the SPD Trombone/HX Muffler setup would work with the AWE tailpipes.

Tomkirkland4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Planning to sale my HX. It’s crazy loud with my current setup, downpipes, adapters, trombone, manifolds, etc

SN8KE

Reaction score
Planning to sale my HX. It’s crazy loud with my current setup, downpipes, adapters, trombone, manifolds, etc
SPD sent their newer HX series with the Helmholtz. While it did tone down the drone is still wasn’t happy with how much drone was still be produced. I removed the HX muffler and went with the OEM and Trombone to see how much drone there was, still seemed about the same. Put the HX back on and removed the Trombone to hear a comparison. I’m sticking with the setup without the Trombone since that’s were the remaining drone is coming from. Sucks cause I really like the deeper tone of the Trombone but dang, the drone just isn’t worth it.

pete888

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SPD sent their newer HX series with the Helmholtz. While it did tone down the drone is still wasn’t happy with how much drone was still be produced. I removed the HX muffler and went with the OEM and Trombone to see how much drone there was, still seemed about the same. Put the HX back on and removed the Trombone to hear a comparison. I’m sticking with the setup without the Trombone since that’s were the remaining drone is coming from. Sucks cause I really like the deeper tone of the Trombone but dang, the drone just isn’t worth it.
That's a bummer. I wanted to try the Trombone and the new HX muffler, but if there is any drone I will pass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter