New SPD Performance HX Series Raptor Muffler Replacement available to Pre-order at Apollo Optics.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
SPD Performance New HX Series Gen 2 Raptor Muffler Replacement is now available for Pre-order here at Apollo Optics. The newly designed muffler from SPD was designed to work in conjunction with SPD’s Trombone resonator delete. The new 304SS muffler features a dual in, dual out design with an X-pipe before the muffler. It mounts in the factory location and connects to your factory exhaust tail section using supplied SPD hardware. This muffler deepens the exhaust note while reducing rasp in the upper RPM.
IMG_0411.jpeg

1B8E4180-B67D-4EEE-84AC-BF28D84E28E6.jpeg

DB2D8B34-1C85-4429-BFCA-AA1EB845F2E5.jpeg

Video’s below are factory Downpipes, SPD Trombone, and the HX Series Muffler.
This is a pre-order and current lead time is 4-6 weeks.

MSRP is $899

We are also offering package deals on the Trombone and HX muffler together.

Please send me a message if you’re interested in ordering as this muffler is not up on SPD’s or our site yet.

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask. Happy to help go over options to find the best setup for you.

Attachments

• IMG_0422.mov
    664.7 KB
  • IMG_0418.mov
    9.4 MB

XSTNKT

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Curious what the purpose of both the h-pipe in the trombone AND the x-pipe in the HX section would be.

..... sounds good though!

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I MIGHT actually finally be interested in an "exhaust" for my raptor. All others sound like complete SHlT to me (no offense to the thin skinned). Will be a pricey bit though for what amounts to 2/3 of a cat back.

It sounds really good.

OP
OP
Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Curious what the purpose of both the h-pipe in the trombone AND the x-pipe in the HX section would be.

..... sounds good though!
I know H-pipes typically offer increased backpressure compared to an X-pipe, which nets an increase in low-end torque. Why go with both? From talking with SPD they tried many different setups looking for a distinct sound. Does it offer any more HP or TQ? I do not know the answer to that as I’ve never had the setup above on a dyno.

The under shots above are of my truck. I’m running SPD’s Stainless Catted Downpipes with the trombone and this HX series muffler. I tested the prototype. Before it was the stock muffler. Vs the stock muffler it’s a deeper tone and less rasp in the upper RPM. Downpipes do add quite a bit of volume DB wise to this setup, but believe it or not this muffler is quieter than the stock muffler in over drive @75mph on the freeway.

Video below is SPD SS DP’s Trombone and HX series muffler.

Attachments

• AC5EA17D-0F84-4D6E-8ADA-90455DFB0836.mov
    5.7 MB
OP
OP
Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
probably in case you are using the stock resonator or a different brands..
That is very true. I talked to SPD yesterday because I was asked how does this muffler sound by itself. SPD has not tested it by its self because it was designed to work in conjunction with the trombone.

OP
OP
Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@Kyle@Apollo-Optics,

Is this muffler a nonrestrictive, perforated to the outside (not into flow), straight through non-chambered design?

The HX Series mufflers are a straight through design with no reduction in tube size. Inside, they are laser perforated, which does not reduce the inner diameter.

If you have anymore questions please don’t hesitate to ask.

Attachments

• IMG_8926.jpeg
    IMG_8926.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Kyle@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you’re thinking about ordering SPD’s HX series muffler replacement it goes live today for everyone else. Get your order in now to be higher on the pre-order list.

If you have any questions at all please don’t hesitate to ask.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter