Gen 3 Raptor Downpipes from SPD Performance Now Available at Apollo Optics!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Nick@Apollo-Optics

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yup I have that now, just curious the difference in cold starts before and after the Downpipes.
I feel like it'll be a little louder than stock, but still fairly quiet. If you listen to the video, you can hear the truck at full throttle in quiet mode and it's still fairly quiet.

2orque43

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel like it'll be a little louder than stock, but still fairly quiet. If you listen to the video, you can hear the truck at full throttle in quiet mode and it's still fairly quiet.

Yeah I agree, I am usually one to wait until I can get some real world feedback on products but this is super tempting... Going to give it some thought.

Rambo Crane

Reaction score
Anyone who preordered have feedback on these?
I have them installed and felt they were louder than stock. I also have COBB intake/piping, COBB front mount IC, and TurboSmart BOV.

Quiet mode: above 3k is when you begin to hear a difference over stock
Normal: more like Sport mode. Above 3k sounds like GTR
Sport: more like Baja. Above 3k sounds like rowdy GTR
Baja: Throaty @ idle, then the fun begins. Can't make comparison, she's loud though.

Throttle/spool seems better. Can not comment on MPG yet.

BoostCreep

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have them installed and felt they were louder than stock. I also have COBB intake/piping, COBB front mount IC, and TurboSmart BOV.

Baja: Throaty @ idle, then the fun begins. Can't make comparison, she's loud though.

Are you happy with them?

OP
OP
Nick@Apollo-Optics

Nick@Apollo-Optics

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Appreciate you sharing your positive feedback!

slimmytimmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a few dyno pulls to test the changes with these pipes on my stock truck. I tested it completely stock, and then tested it with a tune. After that I tested the truck with the new pipes on a stock tune, and then with a custom tune. There was not a large gain in power.

On my modified truck I do believe they contributed to a noticeable power gain, but I did not test them separately to have the dyno numbers.

I will add the charts in an edit to this post shortly.

See the last photo for explanation of all these charts.

The truck made less power and torque with the pipes installed.
0A803786-2BB2-4B64-9D03-021CD01B9E3F.png81500720-3110-4745-B2B8-C0B4EC296A0F.jpeg

Attachments

• 99A5CFEC-E143-4AD2-A46B-6D50B19E3B01.jpeg
    99A5CFEC-E143-4AD2-A46B-6D50B19E3B01.jpeg
    169.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 21373B92-7420-4124-A4BE-133B3ED03A37.jpeg
    21373B92-7420-4124-A4BE-133B3ED03A37.jpeg
    206.9 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

slimmytimmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used to be good with computers, but I had an accident that caused some problems dealing with technology. I don’t know how to post videos of the different pulls. The time stamps on the pictures show the difference during the process. The earlier ones are the stock downpipe pulls. The later ones are of the SPD pipes. There is a very large difference in the sound. The SPD pipes sound very good compared to the stock ones. The dyno is in a perfect location to hear the difference. If you want to make your truck sound better, I would highly recommend the pipes.