Better exhaust sound quality: Trombone style from Gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

quikag

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the sound clips I've heard online the Gen 3 has a smoother, less farty sound than the Gen 2 and a lot appears to be attributed to the trombone style exhaust where they make the left bank/right bank exhaust equal length. See details below.

Anyway, does any aftermarket manufacturer plan to make a similar exhaust to retrofit to the Gen 2?

Attachments

• 2021-Ford-F-150-Raptor-Exhaust-Graphic.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 60

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
I wish someone would make an exhaust for the Raptor like my 5.0 mustang has. Just hit the button and it is quiet as can be for highway cruising. Then put it in sport or track mode and it is a fire breathing monster.

LouK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish someone would make an exhaust for the Raptor like my 5.0 mustang has. Just hit the button and it is quiet as can be for highway cruising. Then put it in sport or track mode and it is a fire breathing monster.
Absolute favorite option on mine! have it set to quiet mode until 8AM so I don't sound like a jerk when I leave for work.
With the Gen 3 getting active exhaust I'm sure someone will retrofit it to a gen 2 fairly easily.

84 Sheepdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the muffler they put on the Limited 3.5 HO trucks now. It sounds way better than the stock Raptor exhaust in my opinion, glad I did it. The only drawbacks are it's pretty expensive and almost twice the size of the factory muffler.

Azrael

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the muffler they put on the Limited 3.5 HO trucks now. It sounds way better than the stock Raptor exhaust in my opinion, glad I did it. The only drawbacks are it's pretty expensive and almost twice the size of the factory muffler.

Nice - I don't think that enough people know about this Limited muffler setup. It definitely sounds awesome. For the 6cyl, quieter is 100% definitely better.
The trombone exhaust definitely does what it says...... it sounds like a trombone. I don't like it.

ReconReggie19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From the sound clips I've heard online the Gen 3 has a smoother, less farty sound than the Gen 2 and a lot appears to be attributed to the trombone style exhaust where they make the left bank/right bank exhaust equal length. See details below.

Anyway, does any aftermarket manufacturer plan to make a similar exhaust to retrofit to the Gen 2?
"Farty" :laughing1:

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
What is the part number for that? I would love to go quieter.