Better exhaust sound quality: Trombone style from Gen 3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

84 Sheepdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the part number for that? I would love to go quieter.
The part # is KL3Z-5230-A. As others on here pointed out to me, it's important you order the part # with the A at the end. The raptor muffler is exactly the same part # but with a B at the end.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
The part # is KL3Z-5230-A. As others on here pointed out to me, it's important you order the part # with the A at the end. The raptor muffler is exactly the same part # but with a B at the end.
Thanks. I’m on the hunt for one now.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
That is actually really hard to find. 700-900 bucks lol.

Idaho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One unknown on the exhaust will be how the valving works to change the note. The voltages will have to be figured out and a harness made to work with an upfitter switch is my best guess. From the tasca parts for a gen 2, it's safe to assume that pricing will be similar or higher for gen 3 exhaust parts.

The parts for the 2nd gen on Tasca are $685 just for the muffler while the downpipes are $550 and $408 depending on which one you get. Essentially for the downpipes and muffler you are looking at $1500+. This is assuming that everything from the muffler back on the gen 2 would bolt up to the muffler location with the gen 3 downpipes and muffler.

LouK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One unknown on the exhaust will be how the valving works to change the note. The voltages will have to be figured out and a harness made to work with an upfitter switch is my best guess. From the tasca parts for a gen 2, it's safe to assume that pricing will be similar or higher for gen 3 exhaust parts.

The parts for the 2nd gen on Tasca are $685 just for the muffler while the downpipes are $550 and $408 depending on which one you get. Essentially for the downpipes and muffler you are looking at $1500+. This is assuming that everything from the muffler back on the gen 2 would bolt up to the muffler location with the gen 3 downpipes and muffler.
they have made active kits for the 2015-17 mustangs for as long as i can remember and guys have been retrofitting active exhaust on 2018 and newer mustangs that didn't have that option checked almost as soon as they came out.
The biggest part is the muffler with the valves that as of yet nobody has made one for the raptor.
I dont think it will be stupid expensive to get a working set, it just takes someone to do the homework.

84 Sheepdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is actually really hard to find. 700-900 bucks lol.
I paid $630 shipped from Haag Ford 3-4 months ago. I just looked and it's now $900 shipped, prices on everything are going up quickly though. They also probably raised the price once they realized what they lost on shipping a 50# muffler from Indiana to me in Texas. It's honestly even worth $900 in my opinion; sound (or lack thereof) is that much better than stock IMO.