Airborne Raptors! JUMP Pics and Videos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MotuMute

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes sir! First was SVTDon, 2nd video was Ranger Rob. They were definitely out to get some.

---------- Post added at 09:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

Apparently there was a toll to play...

Funniest part about that trip - hat tip MajorAR

and of course Sonoma "The picture of Bieber's feet out of the tent says it all....haha!! I am dying everytime I look at it :)"

qu2urequ.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Brendan

Ocotillo Wells - YouTube

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

More SVTDON

Poll line Ocotillo Wells - YouTube

Poll Line - YouTube

Way to go guys! :cheers:

ezyqaju9.jpg

y4uby4ub.jpg

ny4upy9u.jpg

epageder.jpg

Last edited:

Troutbum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my suspension will be bone stock at the TRR. What's the word on joining the club without bumpstops etc?

OP
OP
MotuMute

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So my suspension will be bone stock at the TRR. What's the word on joining the club without bumpstops etc?

The word on that is to not let your right foot over-ride your sensibilities out there.

Just say NO! to the multitude of stockRaptor-killing "kickers", even if there is an eager cameraman lurking there. A reasonable speed is best over these, as they are G-out mounds that cause the front and rear to work against each other - severely stressing the Raptor frame (G-outs detailed extensively in an early post on this thread).

Here's a perfect example - note how the rear wheels "kick" up in pic 3 driving the front end into the ground. This is then followed up by the rear landing heavily (highly modified Raps can get away with much more):

3yza3y8u.jpg

e6y6u3a4.jpg

u6utynyq.jpg

ryqyjuze.jpg

zu2apaha.jpg

However, there are 2 beautiful plateau jump hills with long straightaways before and after each. These start at mile marker 7 and are very Raptor-friendly as all 4 wheels land together like they should for a very easy landing. These require a fair amount of speed to even get the wheels off the ground because have such a gentle tabletop landing.

These hills are the right locations to get a few good pics without damaging your truck. Event organizers do not condone jumping for their liability purposes, yet it happens. A lot. PM me for details on how to do this without getting into trouble.

It is always a good idea to at least get the $100 SDHQ frame reinforcement kit for this rugged hill country course. Inexpensive peace of mind. Easy to install.

Last edited:

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Work up to it, don't just go balls out. Even the same jump is different at different speeds and a few mph faster can mess you up quick. Or slower some you need the speed some you don't want it. It'd be a good idea to read this hole thread. Then get out there have fun practice reading terrain and what your truck dos when you go over it.

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Ps my truck is bone stock suspension. It can take a lot but not the TT stuff.

OP
OP
MotuMute

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Oh yeah, best move to mid-perch setting so you don't scrape your skid plate all the way around that track.