Highly Unpopular Mod for Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Foreman1967

Foreman1967

Reaction score
On second thought, only 300 pound capacity? Wonder if @Oldfart and his goat would be too heavy. ;)
LOL, I'm sure it's like every other max standard out there and the actual capacity is well over that. The brackets are very heavy duty and the mounting is the same as the factory ones so I'm sure they will hold up to most anybody - within reason!

OP
OP
Foreman1967

Foreman1967

Reaction score
Guys, I wanted to add that I've seen some writeups on these and in many of them they snake the wiring for the drivers side step under the crossmember and tie wrap it there - that was a no go for me as it looks terrible and is down where it could get hit or damaged. I'm happy to report that there is ample wiring to go over the frame and tuck underneath the heat shielding on the bottom of the cab - not the metal exhaust shielding over the pipes but the additional felt backed aluminum that is attached the the cab floor. You can see the wiring to the right of this pic that has the plastic sleeving over it.

side Step 9.jpg

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean, I get it, auto running board are nice. However, I use the running boards for rock and salt protection (in addition to mudflaps). The sounds that come from rocks being flung and hitting the boards would completely dent the doors. Further, in the winter, the boards protect stones and salt from doing the exact same due to whatever road treatment is being used.

So i mean, its cool, but you are gonna gain some nasty door dents.

dsiggi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean, I get it, auto running board are nice. However, I use the running boards for rock and salt protection (in addition to mudflaps). The sounds that come from rocks being flung and hitting the boards would completely dent the doors. Further, in the winter, the boards protect stones and salt from doing the exact same due to whatever road treatment is being used.

So i mean, its cool, but you are gonna gain some nasty door dents.
Yep you should see some of the dents on the bottom of the running boards that would have been my doors if they were not there

20leadfoot

Reaction score
Yep you should see some of the dents on the bottom of the running boards that would have been my doors if they were not there
Yep, never been a fan of running boards and was considering removing mine when I first got my Raptor, but after driving it awhile and hearing all the rocks hitting it, I changed my mind and became a fan of them, haha.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I like the clean look but the practicality of fixed running boards exceeds any value the looks add, to me anyways.
In addition to rock protection, also superb door ding protection.