Aesthetics Vs Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Key

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone like me who would rather keep their raptor looking stock, and just modify engine performance? I'm willing to drop $$$ on a supercharger and I've had 4 different exhausts on my truck, but I can't bring myself to drop the money on a new bumper etc.

Dan06

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My first mod was a supercharger. Left the dealers lot with one. However, better approach angle bumpers, suspension upgrades, and so forth are performance upgrades as well; otherwise if your foots heavy enough you'll break the factory parts anyway.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
My first mod was a supercharger. Left the dealers lot with one. However, better approach angle bumpers, suspension upgrades, and so forth are performance upgrades as well; otherwise if your foots heavy enough you'll break the factory parts anyway.

...and from what I've heard, your foot is pretty damn heavy... :ROFLJest:

jlatigo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sleeper look totally rocks but the stock design as it sits has some serious limitations for all out bad assery! I tried to keep my truck looking as stock as possible but upgraded the stuff that kept me from driving at my potential. From the outward appearance the only thing that looks different are the bumpers and a light rack, what's actually in it and what it can do.....well.... lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
Key

Key

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I agree that they are performance parts, but not engine performance. What all have you done with your suspension to address the supercharger? Mine is going to be putting out close to 700hp by the end of this month so I need to be looking into that.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I agree that they are performance parts, but not engine performance. What all have you done with your suspension to address the supercharger? Mine is going to be putting out close to 700hp by the end of this month so I need to be looking into that.

The better question is, what hasn't he done to his suspension.

D

Deleted member 12951

Complete opposite here. Would rather upgrade all the other items and leave engine stock, well with at least a tune. Even though I think it would be cool to have a SC, I would rather spend that money elsewhere first. Unless you never take it offroad, then I would do what you think.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was able to carry over some things from a previous F150 such as tonneau cover, tuner, bed matt and under back seat storage box. Things I've added to the Raptor are Livernois modified Airaid CAI, Livernois tuner/tunes, Borla S-type exhaust, JLT oil separator, Icon mid-flaps and I just replaced the bed matt with a BedRug. I would say that I have done a mix of performance and aesthetics.

LekRap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there anyone like me who would rather keep their raptor looking stock, and just modify engine performance? I'm willing to drop $$$ on a supercharger and I've had 4 different exhausts on my truck, but I can't bring myself to drop the money on a new bumper etc.

Sounds to me like you basically want a Lightning? Or a regular F-150 with the 6.2? If your not into the off-road potential and making the most of it...why have a raptor? (in my opinion)

I do however think that we spend a nice premium for the upgraded suspension that we pay for with the raptor package. I feel like there is a balance between tweaking and improving things and just ripping out really nice parts for slightly better parts. I would rather break it, then replace it, rather than just immediately upgrade...unless your doing some hard core shit.

I like to do small visual things to set my truck apart from the stock raptor anyone can buy from the lot. Again, there is a balance and I always love doing small, cheap things that make a noticeable difference.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DehydratedSurfer

Latest posts