Transmission issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You're just the greatest, I guess your parts book tells you that, you never disappoint. LOL

It has maximum HP of 600 a maximum torque capacity of 570 ft. lbs., stock.
You entire existence on here is one big disappointment.

You’re blew up what, 3 powertrains trying to get your decade and a half old rust bucket out of the 15’s? You’re the last one here who should be commenting on anything technical, you make a joke of yourself every time. All you do is mislead people.

Ford does not rate transmissions for horsepower, you literally just made that up, which is no surprise given your track record on here.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You entire existence on here is one big disappointment.

You’re blew up what, 3 powertrains trying to get your decade and a half old rust bucket out of the 15’s? You’re the last one here who should be commenting on anything technical, you make a joke of yourself every time. All you do is mislead people.

Ford does not rate transmissions for horsepower, you literally just made that up, which is no surprise given your track record on here.
Still making up lies!!!
And talking shiit when people are modding their Raptors, which you have no clue or correct input, you are the joke.
I know you're jealous of my truck but damn, you are one sad soul.

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Still making up lies!!!
And talking shiit when people are modding their Raptors, which you have no clue or correct input, you are the joke.
I know you're jealous of my truck but damn, you are one sad soul.

You’re not interested in helping anyone on here; you are nothing but detrimental. You responded to my post solely for the sake of arguing because you’re insecure. Nobody is jealous of your slow antiquated truck, you’re a joke.

I provided OP with the information regarding his condition and the DTC that he retrieved. These transmissions were never designed for power levels above stock. That’s per the manufacturer; arguing that just makes you look even more stupid, if that’s even possible. The “torque” rating you keep referencing has been removed from all publications because people like yourself misinterpret it to mean the transmission should hold that level of torque continuously and reliably, which is not the case in the least.

The fact that you’re trying to tell people these transmissions are rated for “600HP” just shows you’re so desperate for attention and approval that’s you’ve literally resorted to making shit up, it’s pathetic.

Circling back to the topic before the thread was derailed by misinformation, there are multiple vendors that make upgraded planetary assemblies with needle bearing thrust washers as well as upgraded clutch packs. Upgrading your existing unit is typically more cost effective than purchasing a prebuilt unit.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol, are you OK?
You're not normal that's for sure!
You can't stand when someone says you're not entirely right, you have serious ego issues.

I've helped many Raptor owners with supercharging.
Being involved with Whipple and several Ford calibrators getting the tune refined and trying different injectors.
And then again had the truck on the dyno with the Ford calibrator to help with the Stage II kit for Whipple.
So, I guess the tens of thousands of Gen1 supercharged Raptor are not proof enough for you that it can.
You should call the vendors on here and tell them you can't supercharge because the tranny won't take take the power.
You no know nothing about supercharging and the Gen 1.
But I get you if it's not in the parts book, how would you know.

Oh, let's not forget that's Ford commissioned Whipple to design and build three Gen1 Raptors with supercharging. Then gave them the Raptors knowing the trannies would never take the proposed power gain from supercharging.
Yeah, you know a whole lot of nothing and just talk trash out of your ass.

Last edited:

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lol, are you OK?
You're not normal that's for sure!
You can't stand when someone says you're not entirely right, you have serious ego issues.
Ironic coming from the guy who literally makes up lies for attention. What am I wrong about? Please do tell. You can’t, because you know nothing; you’re a babbling joke.
I've helped many Raptor owners with supercharging.
Being involved with Whipple and several Ford calibrators getting the tune refined, and trying different injectors.
So I guess the tens of thousands of Gen1 supercharged Raptor are not proof enough for you that it can.
You should call the vendors on here and tell them you can't supercharge because the tranny won't take take the power.
You no know nothing about supercharging and the Gen 1.
But I get you if it's not in the parts book, how would you know.
What else do I need to know? You blew up your engine, transmission, and axles multiple times due to your aftermarket modifications, yet you’re going to preach to us like you’re an expert who “helps” people? If you wanted to help, you’ve advise people not to make the same stupid mistakes that you have trying to make your G1 “fast”. You’re literally telling us that there is no issue after having replaced your entire powertrain and driveline :happy175:

I have torn down countless 6R80s on trucks is equipped with superchargers and they’re always trashed. I already explained the failure mode. You being too ignorant and stupid to understand that factory components are not designed for aftermarket superchargers doesn’t change anything.
Oh, let's not forget that's Ford commissioned Whipple to design and build three Gen1 Raptors with supercharging. Then gave them the Raptors knowing the trannies would never take the proposed power gain from supercharging.
Yeah, you know a whole lot of nothing and just talk thrash out of your ass.
That never happened. But cool made up story, it’s just a stupid as the rest of the BS that you post. You’re literally arguing with facts by making up anecdotal stories, it’s absolutely pathetic.

Where is the documentation from Ford that the 6R80 is rated for 600HP? That’s what you claimed. We’ll all wait, it’s easy to catch you in your lies every time.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ironic coming from the guy who literally makes up lies for attention. What am I wrong about? Please do tell. You can’t, because you know nothing; you’re a babbling joke.

What else do I need to know? You blew up your engine, transmission, and axles multiple times due to your aftermarket modifications, yet you’re going to preach to us like you’re an expert who “helps” people? If you wanted to help, you’ve advise people not to make the same stupid mistakes that you have trying to make your G1 “fast”. You’re literally telling us that there is no issue after having replaced your entire powertrain and driveline :happy175:

I have torn down countless 6R80s on trucks is equipped with superchargers and they’re always trashed. I already explained the failure mode. You being too ignorant and stupid to understand that factory components are not designed for aftermarket superchargers doesn’t change anything.

That never happened. But cool made up story, it’s just a stupid as the rest of the BS that you post. You’re literally arguing with facts by making up anecdotal stories, it’s absolutely pathetic.

Where is the documentation from Ford that the 6R80 is rated for 600HP? That’s what you claimed. We’ll all wait, it’s easy to catch you in your lies every time.
Could you both be right? Ford engineered a transmission to work over a wide range of platforms which each has their own design criteria?
No reason to have the heavy duty Raptor parts in a standard 2 wheel drive. I did find this

Attachments

• IMG_6308.png
    IMG_6308.png
    443.6 KB · Views: 12

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Again, you keep on making up lies and you are just a joke. You are pathetic!!!
As a parts counter guy how would you know what Ford and SVT did with Whipple.
You are assuming usually.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ignoring the fight above, lmao, as someone who's been around high hp mustangs since the 6r80 was introduced, they're solid transmissions up to around the 600 torque range in mustangs. Yes, there are plenty with more but it's probably not going to be as reliable. I'd have to imagine that a Whipple on an already heavy truck, would add a lot more stress to the transmission at lower torque figures.

I'd probably look into a converter and upgrade the clutch packs at the very least. Suncoast does a lot of 6r80 stuff and has a converter and clutch pack set that would get you around more reliably than the stock unit ever could. Power by the Hour also has a good amount of 6r80 experience.

Talk to someone experienced with working on these transmissions first, but that's just where I would start if I was in your shoes. Goodluck