2012 White SVT 6.2L Raptor - New Owner - Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjgambill

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
I just purchased a 2012 White SVT 6.2L Raptor 2 weeks ago and then took it over to the ford dealership to have the oil changed, the transmission maintenance work performed, and to have the front/rear differential and transfer case maintenance work performed. Truck ran great till this past Saturday when we noticed the RPM gauge was not going lower than 3000 and then the transmission was stuck in 5th gear when in drive. We pulled over and then the truck would not start, only clicked one time. Someone stopped by and we were able to jump start it so drove it to auto parts store and they hooked up diagnostic and no readings. We shut off then on and drove home and still appeared to be stuck in 5th gear. Noticed that every other time when attempting to start the vehicle it would just click then like the 2nd or 3rd time turn over and start. I replaced the battery Saturday night and then Sunday still intermittent clicking and then would start. Drove it around and it ran through all gears in drive however the indicator lights were not showing up on the dash anylonger. Parked it, turned it off then started again and drove around and then it appeared to be stuck in 5th again. Went back home and parked it and shut it off and then it would not start again, just clicks one time. We replaced the starter yesterday and same symptoms, just one click and nothing. Now it will not start.

Attached the video of it when attempting to start.

Also attached pics showing the Tach needle stuck at 3K. Booted into Engineering mode and then performed a gauge reset however that didn't work as well for the RPM gauge stuck issue.

Has anyone had these issues before? Something I should try before towing to the dealership?

Appreciate any input, thank you very much!

Attachments

• IMG_7719.mov
    14.7 MB
  • IMG_7709.jpeg
    IMG_7709.jpeg
    98 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_7708.jpeg
    IMG_7708.jpeg
    94.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_7510.jpeg
    IMG_7510.jpeg
    139.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_7723.mov
    12.3 MB
Last edited:

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Was it a Motorcraft battery? These trucks are finnicky about their batteries.

The gears on the dash go away if you disconnect the battery, push the up/down gear change button on the shifter once and they'll reappear.

Calling @FordTechOne for help on this one

OP
OP
C

cjgambill

Reaction score
Was it a Motorcraft battery? These trucks are finnicky about their batteries.

The gears on the dash go away if you disconnect the battery, push the up/down gear change button on the shifter once and they'll reappear.

Calling @FordTechOne for help on this one
Hello,
Thank you for the reply! it was a Motorcraft battery and then bought a super start platinum battery from O'Reilly's. Wasn't aware that the batteries were finicky. I can try and swap the batteries to see if anything changes.

OP
OP
C

cjgambill

Reaction score
Hello,
Thank you for the reply! it was a Motorcraft battery and then bought a super start platinum battery from O'Reilly's. Wasn't aware that the batteries were finicky. I can try and swap the batteries to see if anything changes.

Ok, so swapped batteries and then tried it again and same symptoms. Then i pulled out key and then heard the fans start running, took a video and then put key back in and they shut off. attached video. seems like the computer is acting up.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
I would check for ground near the transmission or any other areas they may have touched.
Have you contacted the dealer at all?

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Sounds like it's getting expensive throwing parts at it! I would have some better diagnostics done before guessing and trying parts. Sorry to hear you have these problems and hopeful a cure is found soon.

OP
OP
C

cjgambill

Reaction score
I would check for ground near the transmission or any other areas they may have touched.
Have you contacted the dealer at all?
Thank you for information! I will do that. I contacted the dealer but they are booked till November and stated to tow it there and they will try to look at it when they can.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter