2014 Downshift crash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TEXAS2RAPTORS

Reaction score
I was doing 55mph in slow lane highway was damp. Speedo went to 0, orange wrench light came on, odometer went to --------, airbag light came on, transmission downshifted and truck spun out on highway. Contact me if you know how to go after Ford. This is a deadly defect. My truck was made 11/13 in dearborn. Recall covers those made until 10/28/13. That transmission was made way before it was put in my truck. Bought it new 133k 10 years no collisions and Speed sensor wrecks me out. Warriorlaw at aol dot com

Attachments

• 4290EF57-D242-4172-B5E3-08B31B1ACB0B.jpeg
    4290EF57-D242-4172-B5E3-08B31B1ACB0B.jpeg
    288.8 KB · Views: 92

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you take it to ford for the recall? 6th gear to 1st......they reprogram and it resolves this issue....damn I'm glad you're ok......keep us posted on what Ford does.....did they not send you the recall for this??

MurderedOutSVT

Brodozin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was doing 55mph in slow lane highway was damp. Speedo went to 0, orange wrench light came on, odometer went to --------, airbag light came on, transmission downshifted and truck spun out on highway. Contact me if you know how to go after Ford. This is a deadly defect. My truck was made 11/13 in dearborn. Recall covers those made until 10/28/13. That transmission was made way before it was put in my truck. Bought it new 133k 10 years no collisions and Speed sensor wrecks me out. Warriorlaw at aol dot com
Ghatdahm that looks painful, glad you are alive

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If your truck was built after the cutoff date the transmission build date is irrelevant, Ford goes by the Vehicle production date and not the component build date. Meaning your transmission already has the updates that were covered in the recall as well as the new programming that prevents a downshift to 1st gear in the event of a loss of OSS signal.

As @Nex mentioned, you posted a few years ago that your transmission was slipping and making “honking” sounds, did you ever have that addressed? Just because the transmission has an issue does not automatically mean it’s a failed OSS; there are countless possible causes.

Daniel76

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good lord man...I just picked up my truck yesterday (2013) and decided today I'd better read about this exact recall issue (CarMax told me about it). The next dang trip this thing makes is right down the street to the Ford dealership to get this taken care of.

OP
OP
TEXAS2RAPTORS

TEXAS2RAPTORS

Reaction score
OP
OP
TEXAS2RAPTORS

TEXAS2RAPTORS

Reaction score
If your truck was built after the cutoff date the transmission build date is irrelevant, Ford goes by the Vehicle production date and not the component build date. Meaning your transmission already has the updates that were covered in the recall as well as the new programming that prevents a downshift to 1st gear in the event of a loss of OSS signal.

As @Nex mentioned, you posted a few years ago that your transmission was slipping and making “honking” sounds, did you ever have that addressed? Just because the transmission has an issue does not automatically mean it’s a failed OSS; there are countless possible causes.
How is the transmission build date irrelevant to the fault if i have the old lead frame. I realize its not relevant to ford but mine was built with 11/13 sticker, 10/28 is cutoff. The speedo went to 0, wrench light, airbag light and odo goes to 0. What else could it be? I have it recorded on video and photos. This is deadly 2144785057 call me

OP
OP
TEXAS2RAPTORS

TEXAS2RAPTORS

Reaction score
Did you take it to ford for the recall? 6th gear to 1st......they reprogram and it resolves this issue....damn I'm glad you're ok......keep us posted on what Ford does.....did they not send you the recall for this??
I have called them and they say i am not included in recall. This is deadly

OP
OP
TEXAS2RAPTORS

TEXAS2RAPTORS

Reaction score
No one contacted me, 2014 not included, mine was built with a 11/13 sticker, ill bet you mine was built with the defective lead frame, this is a deadly defect