How to swap gen 2 instrument cluster or dash with gen 3?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

631raptor

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum. Don't mind me venting and writing endless long thread. I have a 2018 Ford F150 Raptor with an 8-inch digital instrument cluster screen and an 8-inch digital infotainment screen with android CarPlay and everything basically the top of the line fully loaded super crew package for its year make. However, looking at the newer gen raptors that came with a complete digital look which makes the gen 2 interior look post ice age. I’d really like to know how this can be done. I travel between USA and UAE and my truck is in the UAE. I’m part of a lot of off-roading groups here and if this was an option, I could be an ambassador for your product especially since I'm quite hands on and know performance shops being an enthusiastic off-roader. I believe this should be able to possible to do since nothing is impossible right without costing an arm and a leg right. What upgrades I have? Upgraded parts 1. Garret power max turbos. 2. Wagner turbo intercooler. 3. Custom transmission intercooler. 4. Dual oil catch can arb. 5. Knn air intake system. 6. Smart turbo blow off. 7. Spd lift lit 2.5 - 3 inch. 8. Adjustable upper control Arm. 9. Traction control bar for the rear to reduce bounce. 10. Corsa sport exhaust system. 11. Resinator delete with 3 inch x pipe. 12. 3 inch pipe 304 grade steel Catalyst delete with 0 restriction with the look of cat but empty and sensor spacers to avoid engine light. 13. 3 inch down pipes 304 grade steel. 14. Removed all grill shutters. 15. Arb twin motor air pressure inflator. 16. Stock size tire with beadlock rims. 17. Rgb auxiliary lights. 18. Frontback loaded led flood lights. 19. 2 flag pole brackets. 20. ON THE WAY, Digital steering display with screen and options, modified bumper Lazer cut with signature embedding. This is why I'm not selling and moving to Gen 3 cuz gen 2 honestly looks more alpha from the outside.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice build list!!
There are a few dash upgraded unit you can add to have it similar. Kinda like the ram truck and tesla screens. Big. I cant remember what threads but should be able to find them with the search.

OP
OP
631raptor

631raptor

Reaction score
Hey thanks bro! 'm not looking for a infotainment screen like the tesla Chinese screens. I did that on my expedition and it really doesn't function well on the long run. I don't mind buying something aftermarket as long as the instrument odometer is fully digital with a theme like 2021 came out.

BHook

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I know one person that has done the 12" infotainment swap. It required a Ford superduty Dash. I think it was a 21-22 Ford superduty dash before they completely refreshed it for the 23 Superduty. Below is what the 21 Superduty dash looks like.

1686762044931.png

OEMPlus Raptor

OEM preferred....
Reaction score
Not completely sure but I think the Expedition dash should bolt up as well. They too have a revised dashed with a larger screen. That SD is really nice as well.

TD0627

Reaction score
just curious if it is possible or if anyone knows if it’s possible to swap a gen 2 infotainment and speedometer instrument cluster for gen 3 fullly digital and larger screen. Just curious if it’s even possible on a 2018 raptor 802a. First time post sorry if on wrong thread.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just curious if it is possible or if anyone knows if it’s possible to swap a gen 2 infotainment and speedometer instrument cluster for gen 3 fullly digital and larger screen. Just curious if it’s even possible on a 2018 raptor 802a. First time post sorry if on wrong thread.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter