2014 Downshift crash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How is the transmission build date irrelevant to the fault if i have the old lead frame. I realize its not relevant to ford but mine was built with 11/13 sticker, 10/28 is cutoff. The speedo went to 0, wrench light, airbag light and odo goes to 0. What else could it be? I have it recorded on video and photos. This is deadly 2144785057 call me
Because your truck already has the updated lead frame and the software that prevents the downshift to 1st gear in the event of a loss of OSS signal. Hence the build date cutoff.

“What else could it be”? Literally anything; there are thousands of failure modes that could have occurred and resulted in an incorrect gear ratio or locked up component. There are specific indicators and DTCs that apply to an OSS failure; the symptoms you’re describing don’t align with the failure in the recall, especially an airbag light.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I dont think it was changed out when trams was rebuilt at ford dealer under warranty. Whats your opinion?
It does sound like you had the same failure. If you suspect the lead frame failure, you might consider having a dealer pull it with documentation. Don’t do it yourself, let a third party in case you need to use it as evidence.
Question, is replacing the lead frame a normal part of an overhaul?

DPGT

Reaction score
What happened to the 3 year 36k miles on repairs? My assumption was it would be covered throughout Ford and not just a random dealer.
Sorry if this was said already but contact Ford satisfaction program. I think you said it ran out within days.
Good luck.

OP
OP
TEXAS2RAPTORS

TEXAS2RAPTORS

Reaction score
Downshift accident occurred 6/3/23 with 120k miles, its deadly, lead frame repalced i have original lead frame for litigation purposes. This is a deadly defect and no one seems to care.