2014 clunky horn sound in tranny upon accel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TEXAS2RAPTORS

Reaction score
hello men, ive got 2 raptors, 14&18, my 2014 has 80k miles and the tranny has slipped a few times, i let off accelerator and it goes back to normal. When on a slight grade i hear a honking sound coming out of tranny as a push pedal down. I bought the extended warranty until 125k and the premium care package for oil changes, spark plugs, tire rotate. Anyone know about this tranny issue? Or how to get a new tranny under warranty?

Pyro3601

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So at the gm dealer I used to deal with transmissions. The 6L80/6L90's when the torque converter is slipping the clutch will cause a almost honking sounds that resignates loudly under the conditions you describe. Now usually the trans pump it self is also damaged from clutch material going through it. I'm not sure how similar the 6R80's are to a gm 6L80. How ever the conditions you describe that cause the similar sound. This may be along the line of your issue.