Install job

• Thread starter Deleted member 12951
  • Start date

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Going to have my steering knuckles and UCA's replaced. I am supplying the parts. One shop that is actually just a tire shop but does other stuff said they would do it for $320. Another more respectable place (Christian Brothers Auto) that has a bunch of positive google reviews, that is actually a repair shop said $500.

Feel a little better about paying more. Is this a fair price to have that work done?

beemerman

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Going to have my steering knuckles and UCA's replaced. I am supplying the parts. One shop that is actually just a tire shop but does other stuff said they would do it for $320. Another more respectable place (Christian Brothers Auto) that has a bunch of positive google reviews, that is actually a repair shop said $500.

Feel a little better about paying more. Is this a fair price to have that work done?

I have done my ucas and tie rods. took about 3 hours total, the knuckles would be about another 2 hours if you took your time. 320 is fair but, you might be better with someone who actually does suspension work. have to be careful not to tear the iwes or damage the plastic ring on the iwes. sometimes its better to pay more for a reputable shop.

Towerhog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have done my ucas and tie rods. took about 3 hours total, the knuckles would be about another 2 hours if you took your time. 320 is fair but, you might be better with someone who actually does suspension work. have to be careful not to tear the iwes or damage the plastic ring on the iwes. sometimes its better to pay more for a reputable shop.

I do all my own work but agree with the above.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would talk to each shop and ask them to detail the install to you over the phone. If pick the one who provides the most detail. Also want someone who you can send the installation instructions to that will be receptive.

Yukon Joe
www.RUNRAPTORRUN.com

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 12951

Thanks for the pointers. I assume you are talking about the instructions on the aftermarket UCA? The steering knuckle should be the same as an F-150, plus they are used so no instructions unless there is a knuckle write up somewhere here?