Got sideswiped, any advice or a pick me up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MCJEFE

MCJEFE

Reaction score
Sorry to hear it happened.
Especially to such a nice truck.
BUT...
it is a truck.
You are OK, that is what counts.
You are insured and should get either repair, paid, or possibly get to replace it.
I know yours is probably difficult to find as nice and low miles, but I have seen a few Gen 1s pretty nice and low miles around me.
May get to do some shopping and get a new "pride and joy".
Again, my sympathies, but don't forget to count your blessings.
Great perspective, thank you.

tractorman

Reaction score
It's a minor thing, but it is good that the truck is black. It is easier to paint match a solid color. Nothing worse than a bad paint match.

mooobell

Reaction score
Sorry that happened to your baby. My heart breaks when I get even a minor scratch, so I can't imagine how you're feeling. Anyways, a friend of mine got into an accident with his new Tremor and filed a diminished value claim through the other guy's insurance. This might help recoup some of the loss value caused by the accident. Good luck!

OP
OP
MCJEFE

MCJEFE

Reaction score
Sorry that happened to your baby. My heart breaks when I get even a minor scratch, so I can't imagine how you're feeling. Anyways, a friend of mine got into an accident with his new Tremor and filed a diminished value claim through the other guy's insurance. This might help recoup some of the loss value caused by the accident. Good luck!
Appreciate the response. I'm doing the same, have spoken to diminished value and demanding OEM in every conversation I've had with the companies insurance. Haven't decided on a body shop yet, but the two I'm leaning towards both said they'd communicate with me if insurance is saying one thing but the paperwork says otherwise. No need for an attorney yet but I've spoken with a couple just in case. I'm a simple country guy, not litigious, but I will unleash hell if this isn't done to my expectations. One attorney told me the intent of insurance is to put me back in the same place I was prior to the moment I was hit. If that's the case there is no argument to be had. Fingers crossed everything plays out smoothly, if not I may be the proud new owner of a construction company.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Appreciate the response. I'm doing the same, have spoken to diminished value and demanding OEM in every conversation I've had with the companies insurance. Haven't decided on a body shop yet, but the two I'm leaning towards both said they'd communicate with me if insurance is saying one thing but the paperwork says otherwise. No need for an attorney yet but I've spoken with a couple just in case. I'm a simple country guy, not litigious, but I will unleash hell if this isn't done to my expectations. One attorney told me the intent of insurance is to put me back in the same place I was prior to the moment I was hit. If that's the case there is no argument to be had. Fingers crossed everything plays out smoothly, if not I may be the proud new owner of a construction company.
A good body shop will not work with sub-standard parts, period. I had a deer strike a bunch of years ago, and allstate at the time would only auth. a ‘quality replacement’ hood - not OEM. The shop called me and said they would not pay for oem up front. Sure enough, when they were done, it looked great paint wise - the shop was a custom shop with a dozen rest-o-mods underway. He took out his calipers and showed me where it didn’t line up right. I agreed and he took care of it from there. about a week later I had the OEM hood, he walked me through every repair, including the calipers again.

Word of mouth goes a long way, so spend the time picking out a good body shop. The true craftsmen will show you their work, without hesitation. Don’t be afraid to go there and ask.

RogueClimber

Agent Orange
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A good body shop will not work with sub-standard parts, period. I had a deer strike a bunch of years ago, and allstate at the time would only auth. a ‘quality replacement’ hood - not OEM. The shop called me and said they would not pay for oem up front. Sure enough, when they were done, it looked great paint wise - the shop was a custom shop with a dozen rest-o-mods underway. He took out his calipers and showed me where it didn’t line up right. I agreed and he took care of it from there. about a week later I had the OEM hood, he walked me through every repair, including the calipers again.

Word of mouth goes a long way, so spend the time picking out a good body shop. The true craftsmen will show you their work, without hesitation. Don’t be afraid to go there and ask.
GREAT advise!

OP
OP
MCJEFE

MCJEFE

Reaction score

Word of mouth goes a long way, so spend the time picking out a good body shop. The true craftsmen will show you their work, without hesitation. Don’t be afraid to go there and asgtreat you for the response!

Great info, thank you!

jreaper

Reaction score
I hit a deer at 85mph in my Gen1. Driver airbag went off. Cost just over $15K to fix(I only paid $300, thank you Progressive!). Radiator condenser and coolers damaged along with all the body work. They even replaced my cheaper fog lights with 4 Ridged lights!

That was almost 2 years ago now, with 0 issues. Looks better than it did when I bought it at 45k miles. At 165k now!

Mears Auto Bodym, Mears Michigan

Good luck!