Got sideswiped, any advice or a pick me up?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2012SCSVT

Reaction score
If you're not hard core set on oem steel, you can get fiberglass oem width bed sides.

Marlboroman

Reaction score
My son was sideswiped by a couple gangbangers in a presumably stolen vehicle about two years ago. Flashed a gun and sped off all while on the highway. He called me after he got off the exit and went to meet him. He was a little shaken up but physically fine. Health is wealth and you never really know who you are dealing with out there. So glad you’re ok and the other driver stopped and faced the music. Shit happens, often in fact. But no matter how bad, expensive, inconvenient things get we are still here and to quote the Grateful Dead, “we will get by”. Personally once I got a few blemishes on my ruby red 14 I stared having a lot more fun with it. When I first got it it was immaculate. Now I blast thru brush without a care. Your resale value may have dropped but the fun factor is on the rise. Fixing her up and hitting the dirt a few times a year will make you forget it even happened. Lastly best of luck on the adjustment process.

OP
OP
MCJEFE

MCJEFE

Reaction score
My son was sideswiped by a couple gangbangers in a presumably stolen vehicle about two years ago. Flashed a gun and sped off all while on the highway. He called me after he got off the exit and went to meet him. He was a little shaken up but physically fine. Health is wealth and you never really know who you are dealing with out there. So glad you’re ok and the other driver stopped and faced the music. Shit happens, often in fact. But no matter how bad, expensive, inconvenient things get we are still here and to quote the Grateful Dead, “we will get by”. Personally once I got a few blemishes on my ruby red 14 I stared having a lot more fun with it. When I first got it it was immaculate. Now I blast thru brush without a care. Your resale value may have dropped but the fun factor is on the rise. Fixing her up and hitting the dirt a few times a year will make you forget it even happened. Lastly best of luck on the adjustment process.
Hate that happened to your son, but thank you so much for responding. Outside of a splitting headache the past 20 or so hours I seem to be ok. If I can get my truck back to where it was I think I may be on the same boat with the fun factor. Come to find out the accident was caught on a security camera, I have the clip now. It looks like he ran the stop sign to me. I was hit by a contracting company's Chevy 3500 with a gooseneck trailer and load. I'm debating on contacting an attorney. I'm thankful I was in my Raptor, could have been much worse in a smaller vehicle no question.

03svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very sorry to see what happened to your truck ! I am always afraid of shit like this. Hey whatever the damage is I am sure it could have been worse and can be fixed ! So fix it. She's worth it

OP
OP
MCJEFE

MCJEFE

Reaction score
Very sorry to see what happened to your truck ! I am always afraid of shit like this. Hey whatever the damage is I am sure it could have been worse and can be fixed ! So fix it. She's worth it
I agree, thank you for the positive vibes.

bellnghmrider

Reaction score
First of all, glad you and the other party are OK. Secondly, I feel your pain as I'm in the same boat.

One day last month I'm feeling good and decide to go for a trail ride in my Gen 1 that I had bought TWO WEEKS PRIOR. Didn't even have the plates yet. It had been stormy and power knocked out several traffic lights. I approached one that was completely out, no flashing yellow or anything. Treated it as a four way, came to a stop and waited for cross traffic to stop before I took my turn. Proceeded to cross when clear and some lady in a Subaru comes screaming down the crossing lane. It was two lanes per side and she was on the outside, so I didn't see her coming as she was hidden by all the stopped vehicles on the inside. Needless to say she didn't stop and slammed right into my passenger front side. I had witnesses who backed up my story and she was found entirely at fault. All has gone well so far, but my truck has been in the shop since 11/11...it's been there longer than it's been in my driveway. Only hiccup has been her insurance balking at the markup the shop is charging for my ADD bumper and light bar (hey, ain't my fault your client decided to smash a $2500 bumper and $1500 light bar because she doesn't know the rules of the road, pay up!). Shop manager said last week it should be ready by the end of this week...fingers crossed. Sending good vibes your way man, I know how much this sucks.

OP
OP
MCJEFE

MCJEFE

Reaction score
First of all, glad you and the other party are OK. Secondly, I feel your pain as I'm in the same boat.

One day last month I'm feeling good and decide to go for a trail ride in my Gen 1 that I had bought TWO WEEKS PRIOR. Didn't even have the plates yet. It had been stormy and power knocked out several traffic lights. I approached one that was completely out, no flashing yellow or anything. Treated it as a four way, came to a stop and waited for cross traffic to stop before I took my turn. Proceeded to cross when clear and some lady in a Subaru comes screaming down the crossing lane. It was two lanes per side and she was on the outside, so I didn't see her coming as she was hidden by all the stopped vehicles on the inside. Needless to say she didn't stop and slammed right into my passenger front side. I had witnesses who backed up my story and she was found entirely at fault. All has gone well so far, but my truck has been in the shop since 11/11...it's been there longer than it's been in my driveway. Only hiccup has been her insurance balking at the markup the shop is charging for my ADD bumper and light bar (hey, ain't my fault your client decided to smash a $2500 bumper and $1500 light bar because she doesn't know the rules of the road, pay up!). Shop manager said last week it should be ready by the end of this week...fingers crossed. Sending good vibes your way man, I know how much this sucks.
Right back at you brother, hope your beast is handed back to you better than the day it rolled off the lot. Good luck avoiding the crazies!

fordfreek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You mentioned that the steering wheel is a little off center now. May have sheared the center pins on the rear spring or tweaked the axle housing. Make sure the body shop looks that over closely. Sucks you had an accident, glad you're ok.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it happened.
Especially to such a nice truck.
BUT...
it is a truck.
You are OK, that is what counts.
You are insured and should get either repair, paid, or possibly get to replace it.
I know yours is probably difficult to find as nice and low miles, but I have seen a few Gen 1s pretty nice and low miles around me.
May get to do some shopping and get a new "pride and joy".
Again, my sympathies, but don't forget to count your blessings.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter