Advice on this ‘14?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevenemh

Reaction score
Hey all, Newb here looking at getting my first Raptor and I’ve always been a fan of the Gen 1. I saw this in person at a local dealer, didn’t get much time to really look at it as it was late and the dealer was closed. I will be going to down to look at it soon. Only issue is I’m not sure what to look for other than owner history, undercarriage and the shocks being serviced? Tires are not in great shape but I’m guessing that can be negotiated. Any help is greatly appreciated!

https://www.corwinfordreno.com/used-Reno-2014-Ford-F+150-SVT+Raptor-1FTFW1R6XEFC12267

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Looks clean, lots of red crap. Not a bad price.

I say if it drives good go for it.

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
On their dime probably not. Its only 20k outside shock interval (every 40k) maybe try to include replacements in the deal. ALSO, try to keep the old ones so you can have them rebuilt.

And see about a warranty.

5 previous owners holy hell lol

Monkish1

Reaction score
Check the steering wheel adjust. Run it all the way in, back out and up/down a couple of times. My gen 1 the steering adjust would work intermittently towards year 8. Check rear and side mirror deice for proper operation. A small IR temp gun from harbor freight is your friend here. Pull rear seat back forward and check rear window defroster wiring to see if it’s been spliced. This is in addition to obvious test drive stuff like gear boxes etc. look at shocks to see if leaking. At that age may need rebuilt particularly if it was off-road a lot. Check rear frame where bump stops are. Early on folks were jumping these some and bending frames. Pics look nice. Good luck

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
’14. and only 62k miles?
Check for rust - Jen Juan crew, it’s bottom of the body by the rear doors, right?
also check for body repairs there !

Also, do they include throw pillows, scented candles and extra scrunchies with the truck? Seems like eitehr
1) someone was way, way way too indulgent of their wife or g/f’s fashion suggestions
or
2) someone, a female or someone identifying as female lacked the proper input from a male human on what accessories belong in a truck.

Get a cold startup, and a good long test drive. Negotiate from there.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
The overwhelming red is horrific. SE's only have the red leather...
I see what you did there :cool:
Obviously, this is the Limited Edition SVT "IMPAIRED VISION" model. (That would explain the low miles, as the blind are only given a driver's license in CA)
THIS makes perfect sense, now that you’ve explained it.

Seriously, I was ask the salesperson if they are up to date on toxic femininity.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are both right side wheels curb-scraped to death? Is there any "Hello Kitty" air freshener? Is the little "convenience mirror" on the driver's side visor spotless, or does it look like it's never been opened?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter