Inconsistent idle and stall.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ratpatator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got home from work and letting the truck idle in the parking lot it started idling funny up and down and then died. Started back up fine but still idled up and down. It seemed to have a little less power on the drive home I just assumed it was the head wind I was driving into. Do our 6.2 motors have an intake air control valve or something similar that could be going bad ? No codes were thrown that the sct tuner would read anyways

mmaterni

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got home from work and letting the truck idle in the parking lot it started idling funny up and down and then died. Started back up fine but still idled up and down. It seemed to have a little less power on the drive home I just assumed it was the head wind I was driving into. Do our 6.2 motors have an intake air control valve or something similar that could be going bad ? No codes were thrown that the sct tuner would read anyways
Try cleaning the mass air flow sensor. Especially if you have been anywhere dusty or cleaned and oiled you air filter recently. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk