Zombiekiller's "Donkey" build up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
zombiekiller

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Dropped the donkey off to be wrapped on Monday. I have a few last things to take care of before the March ExO run to Baja, but I'm mostly ready to rock.

The last few items are: New Raceline Beadlocks, Fresh set of KR3s, swapping the gear ratio and replacing the resonator.

This will be the first week that I haven't worked on the truck in a while. feels strange.

LEhMJsn.jpg
4lW57Jg.jpg
IIirbBG.jpg
0aIQF0L.jpg
MYyC0P5.jpg
BJLSDGb.jpg
X8qT6DR.jpg
e5DeDe2.jpg

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dropped the donkey off to be wrapped on Monday. I have a few last things to take care of before the March ExO run to Baja, but I'm mostly ready to rock.

The last few items are: New Raceline Beadlocks, Fresh set of KR3s, swapping the gear ratio and replacing the resonator.

This will be the first week that I haven't worked on the truck in a while. feels strange.

LEhMJsn.jpg
4lW57Jg.jpg
IIirbBG.jpg
0aIQF0L.jpg
MYyC0P5.jpg
BJLSDGb.jpg
X8qT6DR.jpg
e5DeDe2.jpg
I have new respect for you, after seeing your truck build. :drool2::hail:

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score

IIirbBG.jpg

You should do the B&M shifter next time youre bored. It's pretty sweet, and pretty cheap.

OP
OP
zombiekiller

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Just got back from Baja this morning. other than a broken air fitting, a leaking rear differential, and a small crack in my fiberglass, no mechanical damage. I hammered the wrap already, so I'll need to get it redone.

gASm9is.jpg
Zm4th4l.jpg \
go0Hkjp.jpg
BZBv3eJ.jpg
lqjTpeu.jpg
HmEWFFH.jpg
fvsU5Cj.jpg

If you expand The last picture, my truck is a the second from the right. How wide is my truck? REALLY WIDE. compared to the explorer, or a stock width raptor, ridiculously wide.

Another rad trip with ExO!

Last edited:

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just got back from Baja this morning. other than a broken air fitting, a leaking rear differential, and a small crack in my fiberglass, no mechanical damage. I hammered the wrap already, so I'll need to get it redone.

gASm9is.jpg
Zm4th4l.jpg \
go0Hkjp.jpg
BZBv3eJ.jpg
lqjTpeu.jpg
HmEWFFH.jpg
fvsU5Cj.jpg

If you expand The last picture, my truck is a the second from the right. How wide is my truck? REALLY WIDE. compared to the explorer, or a stock width raptor, ridiculously wide.

Another rad trip with ExO!

Your truck looks almost stupid wide LOL. And with those 40’s it looks nothing short of a beast. Is driving it almost too easy with the group or do you get off the regular path some to push it?

OP
OP
zombiekiller

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Your truck looks almost stupid wide LOL. And with those 40’s it looks nothing short of a beast. Is driving it almost too easy with the group or do you get off the regular path some to push it?

my truck would be way too wide for a lot of people. honestly, any wider at all and it would be undrivable in Baja. I'm not afraid to whack a fender or two, so it doesn't bother me.

I get to push the truck where I'm familiar with the terrain. I hit the big Vado on the trail into the bay of LA doing about 85mph. The truck was probably 5-6 feet off the ground.

I may have taken the "big line" through the more difficult sections while someone in a more stock truck took the "small line". ( and whizzed by them) there have been plenty of trucks on runs that are faster through the big stuff, and other sections where mine is faster. we're never trying to drive beyond about 7/10ths on trips to Baja.

But guess what? a roush raptor on 35s had to pull me off of the dollhead beach when I got stuck.

we tend to space out, so I just leave more space before I head on trail. If I catch whoever is in front of me, I'll just pull over and have a snack while they keep going.