Zombiekiller's "Donkey" build up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Trucks is cool and all, but I like a big tire truck :p

Hey who’s beastly jack stands are those?

OP
OP
zombiekiller

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Trucks is cool and all, but I like a big tire truck :p

Hey who’s beastly jack stands are those?

they're 12ton "tall" dump truck jack stands.

I think that I got this set from Jegs. The tallest setting on them is 50" or something absurd.

short of a two-post lift, they're the only stands that I could find that will let me droop out the suspension fully.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I think that I got this set from Jegs. The tallest setting on them is 50" or something absurd.

short of a two-post lift, they're the only stands that I could find that will let me droop out the suspension fully.

These look to be the stands to get the job done. I will have to check Jegs. Thanks

D

Deleted member 17706

If I had built a purpose-built prerunner, I would not have bought my raptor.

doing it over again, if I'm honest, coilover/bypass, stock width ( i.e.- camburg or add lower arms), a bypass rack in the back with 3.5s, 37s, +2 glass, currie f9 rear with an arb, alcon brakes, bumpers, skids and let's roll.

I switched to an NX-5700 in my raptor. I have it attached to the rear cab wall. BUT, builtright now does a mounting bracket that bolts in where the factory scissor jack mounts. I'd just buy that and mount the radio to it.

So I am curious why you would go with Camburg or ADD for the LCA? I assume you would switch out the UCA too and keep the spindles stock?

I am in a interesting position. I have the upgraded Fox 3.0 Factory Series Live Valves w/ bypass sitting in my garage, but don’t know if I want to mess with the suspension. I could see myself dumping this truck for the new Gen 3 whenever it comes out.

Outside of the axle wrap and the rear end kicking out every time you hit a bump, the on-road is perfect. I haven’t spent much off-road time with it, but know that traction bars and Deavers are needed given how it handles on-road. But if I do bars and leafs, then the front needs to be modified to match the rear. Lol it is never ending...

HDmech

Reaction score
Wow that was educational. Just got through this build thread. Took awhile. Impressive modifications Zombiekiller. About the potential v8 swap, I am curious why the 6.2 wasn’t mentioned? No way it fits? A 6.6l w/11:1 compression setup for 93 octane would be the ultimate I think. I’m staying away from forced induction on the raptor I just bought cause I will use it in winter up here. A lot less going on under the hood n/a.

MrGable27

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Those jack stands are great. I’ve used 10 ton stands before, but never seen these puppies before...gonna need a set.

Sloracer

Reaction score
Wow...... I've owned my first Raptor for 2 weeks and reading through this thread has been quite the education into what is possible if you decide to mod EVERYTHING...

Hats off to ZombieKiller on building an absolute beast. I'm floored by where this truck has been taken since the page 1 original post.

OP
OP
zombiekiller

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Wow that was educational. Just got through this build thread. Took awhile. Impressive modifications Zombiekiller. About the potential v8 swap, I am curious why the 6.2 wasn’t mentioned? No way it fits? A 6.6l w/11:1 compression setup for 93 octane would be the ultimate I think. I’m staying away from forced induction on the raptor I just bought cause I will use it in winter up here. A lot less going on under the hood n/a.
If I go larger displacement, it will be a 7.3.

I'm still waiting for there to be a DIY way for me to do the engine swap. I'm just not interested in spending 55K to have someone install a $12K motor into my truck.