Yup, I did it, got her stuck before 200 miles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Keshka

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, she was high centered on the snow. Normally would not have happened but this little meadow I am in apparently had several freeze/thaw/snow cycles creating layers of ice four inches thick under the snow. The 4" ice layer was about 6-8 inches below the surface and another 14-16 inches off the ground. The method used to get her in that spot I have used for years with great success. Had the layer of ice not been hiding under the snow it should have worked here as well. I had not realized the snow I was bucking on the way in was the layer on top of the ice. Around this neck of the woods we call it a "State cop" turn. It works like a drift in reverse. You backup increasing the amount of turn and speed until the front drifts and boom, your pointed the other way. In this case, once the Raptor had slid up onto that layer of ice the fat lady sang. OBTW, differential lock works great. All four tires would go roundy round with it in drive and no throttle. "you stuck boy". And of course Murphy was involved. Even had I a good winch on her. Nearest tree 2-300 feet away. About an hour of shoveling showed no stump/rock as I had feared and allowed her to settle to the ground and we just drove off.

Last edited:

RaptorMY23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
13 years of back pay is nice. Tax free baby. And crazy it took 13 years. Glad that is over for you. Enjoy the Raptor.