Your thoughts on the D-ring and Tow hook look?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Do you guys like the d-ring and stock tow hook option, or does it take from the smoothness of our bumper?

Attachments

• 2011-01-08_12-02-34_581[1].jpg
    2011-01-08_12-02-34_581[1].jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 116
  • 2011-01-08_12-03-07_847[1].jpg
    2011-01-08_12-03-07_847[1].jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 147
  • 2011-01-08_12-05-45_412[2].jpg
    2011-01-08_12-05-45_412[2].jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 117

IRONMAN

Reaction score
Sorry but I'm not big on it JMO
Maybe something lower and not so obvious, a little more Stealthy.

Lead Foot

Reaction score
Do you guys like the d-ring and stock tow hook option, or does it take from the smoothness of our bumper?

IMHO,Anything that goes Off road needs a point to pull it out,Front and back,a SOLID Pull point,So the Factory D Rings Work and look OK IMHO

BUT If i had my way the D-rings would Rotate Back and I would use a Big Zip Tie to secure them to the under side of the Frame out of View...

"You Want The Truth! You can't handle the Truth!"
:jester: J/K I Love that Movie!

Truth be Known... Those two Little "Pad Eyes" you have Further up the Bumper need to Go ,they look worse than the D-Rings to Me!

Whats those for Anyway? To tie the Dog to :rofl:

The Bumper it's self looks Great!

Hockster

My 45ft Bluewater Party
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why dont you guys make a plate that just slips on the front bolts that mount the bumper... Make it so the plate can be a small spacer that has the D-Rings hanging below it... That way every bumper you make can have d-rings installed

OP
OP
Addictive Desert Designs
Reaction score
IMHO,Anything that goes Off road needs a point to pull it out,Front and back,a SOLID Pull point,So the Factory D Rings Work and look OK IMHO

BUT If i had my way the D-rings would Rotate Back and I would use a Big Zip Tie to secure them to the under side of the Frame out of View...

:jester: J/K I Love that Movie!

Truth be Known... Those two Little "Pad Eyes" you have Further up the Bumper need to Go ,they look worse than the D-Rings to Me!

Whats those for Anyway? To tie the Dog to :rofl:

The Bumper it's self looks Great!

Not sure what you are talking about??? A big zip tie?
Anyways the 2 brackets coming off the front are mount for the d-rings.
The stock tow hooks still being able to be used and aren't to visible but provide a good hook area in the situation the truck needs a pull. It's optional for the custumer to keep them on or not. They mount in the stock location.

OP
OP
Addictive Desert Designs
Reaction score
I read that again and I'm starting to get it. We could put the d-rings under like that. It all depends on where each customer wants it. In this case he was worried about getting in stuck in a ditch and not being able to get to them if they are under the frame horns.

Lead Foot

Reaction score
Not sure what you are talking about??? A big zip tie?
Anyways the 2 brackets coming off the front are mount for the d-rings.
The stock tow hooks still being able to be used and aren't to visible but provide a good hook area in the situation the truck needs a pull. It's optional for the custumer to keep them on or not. They mount in the stock location.

OK I see what Your talking about also! My Dog tie up is your D-ring bracket LOL :jester:

I Do a Lot of modding myself on different stuff and i wouldn't Put a D-Ring that high up on the bumper Myself,I feel like it would give to much leverage to bend the Bumper down ,but i guess your thinking the Bumper can take it.

Any D-Ring should be inline with the main Truck frame or as close as possible I feel....

Anyways the 2 brackets coming off the front are mount for the d-rings

Thats what confused me,us Red Necks would just use a Shackle in the end of a strap to hook to your Brackets,No need for a Ring,but then again the shackle would be the same thing or serve the same purpose as the ring.

Those brackets being that high would be like a one foot cheater Pipe on the bumper when you snatched on it!

ALL this to say YES the Brackets take away from the Looks!You have a Nice design other than the Brackets....

I read that again and I'm starting to get it. We could put the d-rings under like that. It all depends on where each customer wants it. In this case he was worried about getting in stuck in a ditch and not being able to get to them if they are under the frame horns.

Rule Number 1 never pull someone out the way they are going LOL always Pull them Backwards when Possible :waytogo:

Next question :jester: I think this is where i should say you have one of the better looking Bumpers being made for the Raptor :) You and Goodguy got the Bumper market Wrapped up!

Later Your friend LF

Last edited:

Lead Foot

Reaction score
How something like this...

Now Your talking!:naughty:

ADD,Put the Parking brake on that Raptor and Hook a strap to those brackets you have for the D-Ring,Use a Long strap or Rope and have another truck Tug on the strap EASY while you stand by the bumper and see if it Flex's I bet it Will,which means if you Snatched on it You could bend the Bumper out,which inturn would Bend the frame mounts :jawdrop:

It's a Simple test that could save you a Liability case later

Or you could send me a Free bumper and I'll let ya Know how it works out :jester:

Later LF

Lead Foot

Reaction score
FYI I thought the Dog tie-Up on front was a Great Idea,God only knows How many times i forgot he was tied on the back :jester::crazy: