Your Raptor and It's Alignment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BramageDained

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does negative camber in front help with cornering in dirt as much as on pavement in a sports car?

I wouldn't run a bunch of negative camber all the time, but, maybe get it changed for events. Since around here I can get the discount tire to do a lifetime, and they're willing to change it to how you want then back to stock specs for no charge.

OP
OP
pirate air

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does negative camber in front help with cornering in dirt as much as on pavement in a sports car?

I wouldn't run a bunch of negative camber all the time, but, maybe get it changed for events. Since around here I can get the discount tire to do a lifetime, and they're willing to change it to how you want then back to stock specs for no charge.

I've thought about that myself, but didn't think the benefit was worth the trouble. Generally these corners you hit at events are never smooth like a paved track. Traction between tires is inconsistent and I wonder if the back and forth camber thrust from which ever tire was more loaded would hurt more than help. To me shock tuning and throttle steer play a far bigger roll in corner speed. It would be interesting to hear what Camburg/RPG Corey/Greg Foutz/Outlaw/H&M/SDHQ/etc thought about it. I have a feeling if you ask several off road suspension builders you will end up with several different answers haha

carlschmarl2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The alignment can be done without the kit, but the shop doing the alignment may prefer you have a kit before they adjust camber or caster.

Tell them you want a 4 wheel alignment so that thrust angle can be measured and figured when setting the steering wheel.
Keep specs around
Caster 4.0 degrees
Camber .-3 degrees
And total toe .20 degrees
Those should be doable at mid perch
And like treypal suggested, get the lower control arm bolts TIGHT and make it a point to check them when going over the truck for other maintenance.

Are these the stock/OEM specs or are these for mid-perch?

D

Deleted member 12951

I just got the camber kit today. The SPC box shows 86250 but the nut has a part number of 862504. Is that correct?

Tiberius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So if my dealer is already oblivious to mid perch can I take it in for my free alignment the first time and they should be able to do it without these correct?

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

Follow up. Dealer aligned my truck as part of warranty. They did realize mid perch was done but were nice about it anyways. So glad the red line is center on

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

dbcooper

Reaction score
that is some funny banter.
pirate...can I get you to align my 14 screw after I take delivery?
it will be fresh and clean so no dirty fingers.
dbcooper

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
when it's windy or I'm driving on a very crowned road it seems like I have to hold the steering wheel a long way off to keep it straight. but no wind or crown straight down the road for a long ways with out having to touch the wheel.