You cant tow with a Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

22R37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can someone please give me the size of the hitch receiver on the gen 3? I’m getting conflicting information (2” or 2.5”)
Thanks

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Can someone please give me the size of the hitch receiver on the gen 3? I’m getting conflicting information (2” or 2.5”)
Thanks

I am pretty sure it's a 2" reciever. The 2 1/2" are generally used for 3/4 and 1 ton trucks because of towing capacity. The Raptor has less towing capacity than a F250/F350. I have a 2" on my Gen 2.

22R37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am pretty sure it's a 2" reciever. The 2 1/2" are generally used for 3/4 and 1 ton trucks because of towing capacity. The Raptor has less towing capacity than a F250/F350. I have a 2" on my Gen 2.
I thought so but Google showns 2.5”. that’s what confused me.
Thanks man for your help

teamster

Reaction score
So, at what weight/size trailer would y'all specifically use a Weight-Distributing Hitch? I'm going to be hauling a decently sized enclosed cargo trailer probably loaded to 3,500 gross for about 1500 miles later this summer, and trying to figure if I want to invest in a WDH.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Properly loaded these trucks are pretty capable towing but the fuel economy is horrible.

View attachment 353121
If you’ve ever watched TFL on YouTube, you will see they have tested many, many trucks towing up the Ike Gauntlet in Colorado and they all get very poor mpg. Diesels, Gas, doesn’t matter, all in the single digits, Every one. That’s a fact of towing.

this past September we went round trip from NY to Idaho, third time in a Raptor. I was going to tow my 16’ enclosed trailer with my Can Am XRC but decided not to. Gas cost about 2200. I’m guessing it would’ve been close to double had we taken it.