XRD Ford Raptor Expedition Bed Cage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DIRTYFUN

DIRTYFUN

Xpedition Ready Design
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could you place a tire & wheel so we can see what spacing looks looks like and maybe some other trail gear as well. Thanks

Well, I took the stock spare down for some "measurements" so best pic of it with spacing as it stands now if you want to just strap it in. The tire holder will be elevated at the same height of the rack but will be horizontal just like in the pic.

bc15.jpg

I'll have a few items up on the rack later this week. (I hope)

Last edited:

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It looks like a stk tire just fits between the rails so a larger tire would most likely need the elevated mount you speak of. Am I right?

Do you think that a 27 to 30 pound power tank CO2 system could be mounted to the side rails?

I really like what I am seeing great work

OP
OP
DIRTYFUN

DIRTYFUN

Xpedition Ready Design
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like a stk tire just fits between the rails so a larger tire would most likely need the elevated mount you speak of. Am I right?

Do you think that a 27 to 30 pound power tank CO2 system could be mounted to the side rails?

I really like what I am seeing great work

Yes... A larger tire would be elevated on the mount. I'm blocking out time on Thursday for final design of it so hopefully sometime next week with the updates.

The side rails are very sturdy and supported me standing on them installed (I weight 185 pounds) I'm mounting my hilift on the side rail on one side and axe/shovel on the other. Pictures will come later this week.

Also, one thing not covered. you can stand on the grate and it won't bend/break. Tested with 300 pounds :)

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any update on the rack and pics of the tire and other mounts. Will the factory bed extender work inside the bed or only out on the tail gate?

Last edited:
OP
OP
DIRTYFUN

DIRTYFUN

Xpedition Ready Design
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any update on the rack and pics of the tire and other mounts. Will the factory bed extender work inside the bed or only out on the tail gate?

Thanks for being patient :) The Factory Bed extender will work inside the bed factory style with full range of motion if you do not use the XRD Anti Bed Spread accessory. Here's the original thread so you can see pictures with the bed extender installed THE OGT. I will have to also remove the anti bed spreaders if I wish to use it which only takes a few minutes really. Well, if I need to remove the spare, say 10 minutes Nascar style.

This is with two new items, XRD Spare Tire Accessory, and the XRD Anti Bed Spread Accessory

1.jpg

Little Higher

4.jpg

7.jpg

Axe/Shovel on the left and the air system outlet

8.jpg

12.jpg

Hilift on the right rail

9.jpg

Air tank and secondary battery - Will add something else under the tank on the open grate section soon.

10.jpg

All closed up Ninja style :)

13.jpg

Not sure if I'll make the hilift plates available and the axe/shovel mount are not of my design. Leave this up to the user. Main goal is to mount whatever/however you want to the cage.

Last edited:

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks for the updated pics. What I was thinking was would the bed extender work inside the bed deployed ( not in the stowed position) obviously with out the bed spread and tire mount in place. Will it clear the front to back mounting rails? I like to use my bed extender inside to keep items from sliding to the front of the bed when I am not on runs.

Are you producing them yet?

OP
OP
DIRTYFUN

DIRTYFUN

Xpedition Ready Design
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the updated pics. What I was thinking was would the bed extender work inside the bed deployed ( not in the stowed position) obviously with out the bed spread and tire mount in place. Will it clear the front to back mounting rails? I like to use my bed extender inside to keep items from sliding to the front of the bed when I am not on runs.

Are you producing them yet?

Unfortunately that was the one thing I had to omit when designing the cage as I was more going after having the rail all the way back towards the tailgate for strapping and tying down whatever. Now; I could produce one without the rail going back all the way and stopping at the second row of bed bolts allowing you to do that but this would mean not being able to use the tire mount or the anti bed spread. Which is ok, as you could get those from another vendor. I'm open to doing that if you really need it though :p Or I could make you a cross bar without a tire mount and use that if you wish. I've been toying around other cross bar ideas for holding other items but we'll see. Have to sell something first :)

Production will start in one to two weeks. I'm expecting a 3 week turn around to be safe since these are build to order. Unless there's a lot of interest, then in that case, I'll cook a few extra :p

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks again. Something else I think would be cool is multiple tire mount options forward ( like in the pic) and rear closer to tail gate. Also a 2 can gas can mount and a floor jack mount of some type. Food for thought. I hope to design and order on in the near future.

SVTRay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've got a couple questions?

-I see that the base of this rack utilizes the bed bolts but how are the side railings attached?

-How difficult would it be to move the spare forward 3-4" to allow room for a cooler?

-Am I correct in saying the side attachment brackets are adjustable, meaning I can move the jack back 3-4"? I ride mountain bikes and mount my bike rack close to the cab.

Thanks.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is a neat rack.

Although I don't have a rack (yet), I don't see the need to keep the bed extenders. If you have ever tried to use them offroading they are worthless. They don't stay in place and can come undone.

If you got the rack, use it to your advantage.

I like your bed rails, lots of options. Check out the quick fist clamps for the shovel and ax.

I'm also interested in how the rails mount to the truck.

Thanks,
Yukon Joe
Buffalo Run Support Raptor
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=364119

---------- Post added at 08:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 AM ----------

Also, nice tie in near the tail gate, that will address peoples bed spread fears.

Yukon Joe
Buffalo Run Support Raptor
http://www.fordraptorforum.com/showthread.php?p=364119