WTB Fox 3.0s for Gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johndeere99

Reaction score
You may know already but they are longer and will raise your truck about 1" to 1 1/2". You will have to use you 2.5
springs and your spring tops with the longer bolts for the Gen 1. But they will work. There are a couple youtube videos
that are helpful if you need them.

OP
OP
USNCORPSMAN

USNCORPSMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah I have seen plenty of those, I just wasn’t sure if they were comparable to the aftermarket 3.0s for the 1st gen. I was looking for those specifically, but if the 2nd gen factory ones are comparable to the aftermarket 1st gens I may have to reconsider. Do you know, or could you point me in the right direction? I don’t mind searching, but since we’re here in the topic I figured I’d ask haha

Johndeere99

Reaction score
Don't know or have any info on the after market 3.0. For the price i just went with the new 2017 / 2018 take offs and put those on my 2014 Gen1.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just picked up a set of four 2017 take offs on ebay for 600 shipped, they were asking 660, offered 600, done, there are more at that price range on there ...I won't need them for another year but when they need to be rebuilt, I can just swap them out for basically the same money as rebuilding them.

Tx State

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may know already but they are longer and will raise your truck about 1" to 1 1/2". You will have to use you 2.5
springs and your spring tops with the longer bolts for the Gen 1. But they will work. There are a couple youtube videos
that are helpful if you need them.
What do you mean by the spring tops with longer bolts?