WSI Whelen hood mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wanted to put out a review on the WSI whelen hood mounts. This is based mostly on fact and my experience thus far. Ive had my hood mounts for roughly 3 months now.

Pics to follow

** Edit - They are less expensive than outlaw mounts**** They raise a bit higher than the outlaw mounts and lets you push the lights back giving more room for the hood and the ability to use larger lights.

they are fabbed from one single flame cut piece of 3/16 CRS. Ive beat on them a few times and there is never any shake or rattle from the mounts. Lights stay put to the truck.

One of the mounting plugs is a slot rather than a hole. This allows you to not completely unbolt the hood and have it slide all over. You can unbolt one, loose the other and slide the mount in from the side. Makes it a one man job.
2udy6uhy.jpg

ypyje4az.jpg
aju8udam.jpg
3yjy7yha.jpg

The whelens are very powerful and very bright. With the different filters you can set them up however you want. Not to mention they are made in america and are the same lights i utilize on my squad rig, and the rest of my first responder apparatus's

I have whelen bumper mounts so my hood mounts are set up as spots for now. Nice part i can carry the other filters and an allen wrench and change them on the spot for whatever i require. A fellow FRFer has one set as a spot and another as one of the 3 flood lenses.

Hit up Jimmy at WSI if your looking for a hood mount solution that rocks, and isnt made in china or taiwan.

Last edited:

BigScott

Banned
Reaction score
first of all are they more expensive than the outlaw mounts - yes. However, completely worth it. They raise a bit higher than the outlaw

and isnt made in china or taiwan.

You last statement seems to Imply Outlaw Raptor hood light mounts are made in China or Taiwan

I called Outlaw to verify that the Outlaw hood light mounting bracket is indeed made in Southern, Califiornia. I agree that California is in a whole different universe, but still in U S A

Outlaw products are SPRSNK approved and tested
Outlaw products are Wiz approved also.

:wizhuh:
:wizhuh: