GEN 2 Wrap and Spray-in bed liner... which first?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

braptorin

Reaction score
I'm convinced (from other posts here in the forums) that aftermarket spray-in liners are better than the factory one, thus I'm going to try to buy a raw bed and do a Line-X. I'm also planning to wrap my truck, mostly for paint protection longevity reasons... my current ride has a million brush scratches down the side and I wish I had wrapped it before I started doing trails.

...anyway, my understanding is that trucks should be ultra clean when wrapping. I plan to basically bring it from the dealer over to a shop so I can get it done on the pristine vehicle (no road chips, minimal dust, etc). I'm wondering if I've got the order of events right... wrap first then spray liner second? I wouldn't want any overspray or even airborne particulates from the liner process to screw up the ability to wrap.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Either way could work. If you get the wrap done, then when they spray you still may have overspray. If you get the spray in done first, then who ever does the wrap will be prepping the paint anyway. Even from the factory the wrap guys have to do some work to the paint to clean it up. I would get the bed liner done first.

gryGhst17

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm convinced (from other posts here in the forums) that aftermarket spray-in liners are better than the factory one, thus I'm going to try to buy a raw bed and do a Line-X. I'm also planning to wrap my truck, mostly for paint protection longevity reasons... my current ride has a million brush scratches down the side and I wish I had wrapped it before I started doing trails.

...anyway, my understanding is that trucks should be ultra clean when wrapping. I plan to basically bring it from the dealer over to a shop so I can get it done on the pristine vehicle (no road chips, minimal dust, etc). I'm wondering if I've got the order of events right... wrap first then spray liner second? I wouldn't want any overspray or even airborne particulates from the liner process to screw up the ability to wrap.

Clean, yes. Avoid any type of wax because it causes adhesion issues with the wrap. Your installer should give it an alcohol rub down prior to install to remove any type of residue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

braptorin

Reaction score
Clean, yes. Avoid any type of wax because it causes adhesion issues with the wrap. Your installer should give it an alcohol rub down prior to install to remove any type of residue.

Cool. Yeah, that's what I was thinking - true "clean" (minimal stuff on the surface) as opposed to "looks neat" (which could includes waxes or whatever).

Thanks!