Diamondback HD and BuiltRight bed system install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheRaptorIsCritical

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After much research I ordered the Diamondback HD bed cover and the BuiltRight Industries bed system. Shipping from diamondback to Oahu will take a while so while I wait I wanted to see if any of you have done the same combo and if so any tips on efficiency with the install.
I have the box link and the spray-in bed liner.
Also since my quads are not on the island I ordered the atv bars and ramps separated to install myself once I’m back on the mainland, curious if any of you installed the cleats or atv bars yourself.

Will post pics of the install of each as it arrives
Thanks in advance

gxgn

Reaction score
I have the DB HD, spray in bed liner and just ordered the Buildright rear panels last night. I can let you know in a week or two if there is any interference issue.

OP
OP
TheRaptorIsCritical

TheRaptorIsCritical

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I read your thread a couple weeks ago before I ordered mine and I looked like you had the spray in liner and Molle panels same as mine so I was comfortable with what I ordered at the time.
I won’t be installing the ATV bars until I get back to the mainland unless things change here with the way I get to use the truck. So this parts may just sit in the garage for a few years.
The cover is good for 1600lbs but does anyone know what the bed rails can handle with the weight evenly distributed between them and the forward bulkhead? One quad loaded from the rear is as heavy as I would ever need, just curious about what you’re able to load up top.

OP
OP
TheRaptorIsCritical

TheRaptorIsCritical

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Update for anyone interested in the builtright system.

It takes some planning on how you want to lay out your gear if you use the included quick fists as attaching them after mounted in bed would be….tedious.
I used the measurements for my inbound diamondback, plus a floor lay down area in the garage to check fit and clearances. I also plan to use rhino grips (3” and 1.5”) mounted with the Molle nuts from buoy right to see if they fit nicer than the risers and quick fists.

After putting the risers together and mounting them to the panels the whole bed install took about 12 minutes. I did it all in a parking lot while my dog was being groomed. The screws for the aft cleats had bed liner in the heads so I stepped down to a T27 and removed them by hand, the bell liner came off pretty easy afterwards. I used all my original brackets and hardware on top of the panels.

Shout out to built right since I am a sticker/decal hoe, every major piece had a big sticker and the risers each had a small one. Just something I like to mention about a company.

I still have 2 panels to go onto the underside of the aft DB lid when it gets here for light stuff and a hydro bladder. I’ll add an aluminum or plastic 1/2” spacer behind the panel so it’s a little easier to modify later. The forward passenger panel will hold onboard air compressor soon.

I’ll post up the rest after completion but here are the panels.
Unboxed, each side of the bed, and the passenger seat pup.

Attachments

• 7AD37376-F932-4A0F-8B30-3C058A8A5C08.jpeg
    7AD37376-F932-4A0F-8B30-3C058A8A5C08.jpeg
    240.3 KB · Views: 44
  • CD5F03DA-F4A3-4765-A5F0-B0C4DF6C3584.jpeg
    CD5F03DA-F4A3-4765-A5F0-B0C4DF6C3584.jpeg
    195.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 9364C8F4-DC65-49A2-BB54-8AE6DF81C426.jpeg
    9364C8F4-DC65-49A2-BB54-8AE6DF81C426.jpeg
    216.6 KB · Views: 42
  • 7AC2EE5D-7C9B-4195-90F6-CB794BC83E20.jpeg
    7AC2EE5D-7C9B-4195-90F6-CB794BC83E20.jpeg
    539 KB · Views: 35

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Oh man, you and the Bunnery Sergeant are going to get along just swell.

You need to add some latte pictures and some tire shine pics though

OP
OP
TheRaptorIsCritical

TheRaptorIsCritical

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The DB HD is all in. Still waiting on a few things to ship out here to finish the bed and the air system but here’s how it went:
For the builtright panels I recommend using rhino grips from kolpin instead of the quick fists that builtright sells. They lined up well with the Molle nuts on the the 3” grips going vertical and the slots for the 1.5” ones I mounted horizontally. No need for risers. I used the quick fists for the shovel and axe only because I already had them and I may use the big one later for an air tank. I still have the panels to mount underneath the tail cover of the DB but I’ll get to that over the weekend.

For the DB I used a heavier weather strip at the cab than what they provided and it’s tight but comfortable. I did it by myself so I used a 50lb dumbbell on head corner while I set the lock rods underneath.
I did some things out of order to keep from climbing in and out but the install is pretty straightforward and simple anyways. Would have been faster with an extra set of hands but still pretty easy solo.
I’ll post a pic of the underside panels after this weekend if it doesn’t rain anymore.
4DFAB17D-4CE8-4D07-A55E-8E045B1C3A6C.jpegF1E9731A-0BF8-4EB5-81E0-2FF5B29413E9.jpeg70B4EC97-0567-4619-BC7C-10C84B5ACDD3.jpeg

Last edited: