Would you buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FloonDog

Reaction score
Consider this. People do not join forums and post “Hey, I’m not having any issues with my truck”.

FWIW I’ve had no issues with my 18.

olan025

Reaction score
Im planning on getting my first truck and the 19' raptor is my first choice. That said, some of the reliability issues that ive read about are concerning. How many on the forums have a 2018 or 2019 with either no issues other than maintenance or next to no issues? Im hoping there are quite a lot of people and this thread convinces me to buy one.

Thanks!
6000 on my 18 no issues

Brian 6.2L

Reaction score
Im planning on getting my first truck and the 19' raptor is my first choice. That said, some of the reliability issues that ive read about are concerning. How many on the forums have a 2018 or 2019 with either no issues other than maintenance or next to no issues? Im hoping there are quite a lot of people and this thread convinces me to buy one.

Thanks!

Brian 6.2L

Reaction score
32,000 on my 18 screw. At 25,000 cam phaser started making noise on start up but wouldn't throw a code. The dealership fixed it finally and it was covered under warrantee. That was the only issue i have. Love the truck.
I miss the 6.2 sound of my 13 but love the mileage and performance of the 3.5.

Oceanbnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a ‘17, put 23k Alaskan miles on it (rough terrain/weather conditions and stored outside) without a single issue. I’ve only had my ‘19 going on 4 months now but no issues yet.

RipReturns

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 years (next week) and 20,000+ on my 2018 SCREW, and I love every minute I'm driving it. No major issues, but had Sync3 issue that involved update and, then, R&R of part. Missed my baby while she was in the shop, but very happy.

Sheeepdog18

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don’t have a 2018 or a 2019 but I have a 2017 with 35000 miles on it. The only issue I have is I do go off road enough other then that it’s trouble free.

anymajordude

Reaction score
Bruce -

I found a 2018 on FB Marketplace with 5k on the clock. So it's technically used - so I asked the Ford dealer to show me the Oasis report so I knew what Ford knew about the truck. Which was nothing - the truck had no reports - which made me happy.

I've only had mine for six weeks and Bruce - it's a flipping blast to drive!

I would advise that you read up on FORscan (not to be confused with FORSKIN which is how many guys pronounce it in online videos) and consider using it to modify some of the trucks annoying vanity features.
And - read up on "My Ford" to see if that makes sense to you.

Lastly, Bruce, I was a little leery of dropping $66k on a "used" truck and now I couldn't be happier. My "test drive" scared the you-know-what out of the salesman (remember to test drive it in the Sport mode and just mash the gas.) There is no other stock truck with that giddyup right out of the box.

I highly recommend the 802a option package and I got one with ZERO graphics so I'm a wee bit stealth on the mean streets of Northern Virginia.

BTW - you're in Portland - I grew up near Beaverton - I challenge you to submit a photo of your truck with Haystack Rock in the background - we are all waiting...