Would you buy?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

termite352

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bruce, GO FOR IT!! I’ve driven SUV’s all my life. Currently I have 2018 Ruby Red 802a and I love every minute of it. I’ll admit, I knew nothing of the issues the Raptor was experiencing at the time when I bought my truck. That said and 7100 miles later, I would do it all again. Regardless of issues, I plan on being a Raptor owner for life. Anything worth having doesn’t come easy. Raptors are a way of life and an instant addiction.

Just do it!

EPHsurgeon

Reaction score
2019. 6 months and 11k miles. Burned a bit of oil first 5k miles but none since then. No issues. It’s black, however, I think all the other colors have major problems

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
2010 with 48,000 miles in 8 years with zero issues. (and I do mean zero)
2018 with 10,000 miles in 1.5 years with zero issues, other than 1 safety recall which did not affect me or the truck, but I had it fixed anyway.

As others have said, do not rely on the number of problems reported on car forums to determine if you will buy a particular vehicle. If you read them, you will NEVER buy a single vehicle because they ALL have issues.

Buy the one the one that makes you happy when you drive it. The Raptor does it for me!

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im planning on getting my first truck and the 19' raptor is my first choice. That said, some of the reliability issues that ive read about are concerning. How many on the forums have a 2018 or 2019 with either no issues other than maintenance or next to no issues? Im hoping there are quite a lot of people and this thread convinces me to buy one.

Thanks!
I had a lot of issues with my 2017, but my 2019 runs great. That said, both run/ran a little weird until they warm up after a cold start.

pbtjrlmrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5k on my 19...zero issues. You have to be careful of some of the idiotic opinions on forums. You'll always have people that make stuff up, exaggerate or are just dumb. It's an amazing truck that will last you a very long time. Nothing is perfect but my 19 Raptor is about as close as it gets....hopefully at 100k I'll feel the same way!!!!

Blackrapt

Reaction score
I have a late 2018 with the steel pan with 8,000 now. Change my own oil at 3k and love showing it off as I drive it to and from work. Lots of comments and don’t regret buying it except for the price.

Kicker56

Reaction score
Had an ‘18 Raptor put 25,000 miles on it. Only had the valve issue, but was replaced under warranty very quickly. I felt like I had to trade it in to get some extra cash flow while the Mrs went back to school to finish up her RN, I’m currently driving a Rebel which is a completely deferent driving experience (Ram had a ridiculous sale in June where I got 30% off sticker) so I won’t lose my rear end when I trade in for a Raptor in the next few years. I paid $63K for the Raptor and got $57K on the trade with 18 months of ownership.