GEN 2 Worth fixing ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
FordPerf Addict

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
$400 doesnt seem too bad

i just picked up an avs aeroskin 2, would fix and place the bug shield on
Makes me wish I got ceramic coating that’s for sure might have saved it.
Do you have a pic of the shield on your truck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
FordPerf Addict

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also wouldn’t an impact on the front make some sort of dent? Or does Fiberglass only crack?
If they went to repaint it and found the actual hood to be cracked could I then claim it on comprehensive? (Guessing s cracked hood would be at least $1000)

Wfo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also wouldn’t an impact on the front make some sort of dent? Or does Fiberglass only crack?
If they went to repaint it and found the actual hood to be cracked could I then claim it on comprehensive? (Guessing s cracked hood would be at least $1000)

Only metal dents, fiberglass cracks. Yes you could claim it on insurance.

OP
OP
FordPerf Addict

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok , I might just wait for it to get worse then claim it on comprehensive . I’ve heard comprehensive claims don’t make much impact on your insurance anyways

OP
OP
FordPerf Addict

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
At $400, I'd pay it. You'd be an idiot to file a claim at that amount... The increased premium would cost you that in a year.
I’m thinking if my hood is cracked and I need to get a brand new hood. Guessing that would be big money paint plus a new fiberglass hood.

No Clue

Reaction score
I agree with Sozzy12. Even if I had $0 deductible, which I don't, I wouldn't claim a $400 repair to insurance.

MEATSWORD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the paint isn't chipping or chipped then the hood was probably dropped at the factory.

You might be able to clean the marks and apply clearbra across the hood to keep them from collecting dirt and showing.