GEN 2 Wiring help question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMEN92

Reaction score
Have a ****** 360 max hardwired into truck
I bought the truck used and it came with it

However i have been having issues when it turns off randomly or won’t even power on
I started to look and trace the wires today and seen it was powered up by the fuse.. is this normal And ok ? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• D0F75848-71EE-4FF9-A5E3-0273A1336D20.jpeg
    D0F75848-71EE-4FF9-A5E3-0273A1336D20.jpeg
    215.3 KB · Views: 49

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Looks like the wire is just shoved behind a fuse. Could be the reason why it’s intermittent.I would use a fuse tap if anything. From what I gathered the radar needs a 2amp fuse which I assume is that buss fuse. So keep that just use a fuse tap at the fuse box.

Last edited:

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what are you guys talking about? that is an awesome wiring job. its how its supposed to be done......... how else do you set fire to your truck? i mean gas and a lighter, but im not sure insurance covers that one.

fix the connection. make sure what that fuse powers. check glass fuse in the plastic holder. remove said fuse and holder and replace with a low profile atm fuse. same as what your truck uses. that way if it ever blows, you have spares

OP
OP
GMEN92

GMEN92

Reaction score
Looks like the wire is just shoved behind a fuse. Could be the reason why it’s intermittent.I would use a fuse tap if anything. From what I gathered the radar needs a 2amp fuse which I assume is that buss fuse. So keep that just use a fuse tap at the fuse box.
Yea i checked the connection and made the wire tighter and now it’s working perfectly so that’s definitely the issue

Thanks and will get it wired correctly

OP
OP
GMEN92

GMEN92

Reaction score
what are you guys talking about? that is an awesome wiring job. its how its supposed to be done......... how else do you set fire to your truck? i mean gas and a lighter, but im not sure insurance covers that one.

fix the connection. make sure what that fuse powers. check glass fuse in the plastic holder. remove said fuse and holder and replace with a low profile atm fuse. same as what your truck uses. that way if it ever blows, you have spares
Yep definitely don’t want no issues. Haha

Will get a wire fuse tap and get it done the right way. I was getting so frustrated thinking it was the radar itself haha
And good call on the extra fuses.. thanks

Fuse in glass holder is good as well

Any recommendations on fuse tap ? Or any will do.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i prefer not to use them, however since the radar detector has a 2 or 3 amp fuse, you will probably be ok. just make sure you get the right orientation whe putting it in