Wireless carplay rarely works

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
VPN has been know to mess with CarPlay in the last couple of updates (pre 16 as well).
I guess so.. I did not find that bit anywhere.. must have not looked in the right places I guess. didn't even dawn on me, but then again, I am not an IT guy..

thanks again for your input

drnimrod

Reaction score
I am going to pop in this thread.. I was starting to talk about it in the Forscan thread thinking maybe associated with doing that. It is not.

to your comment @Bmwtech113 it used to load up on carplay screen every time with my truck. I have an 11 promax, now on 15.7 OS, and a 22 truck built in march or so..

first two weeks, flawless (for lack of better desc. lol ) and then.. all of the sudden. it stopped linking. I deleted the two phones i had paired, and started it again.
It worked..foooorrr another few hours. next morning, no go.. after that.. it just wont do it any more. So I 'updated' to 15.7 from 15.6... and still nothing. even with the usb. AND 'forgetting' the phone and/or the truck.. tried it from both sides, even did a few resets on the ACIM by the power/skip fwd combo press. and still nothing.

Friend who took delivery on his raptor earlier in the year, has had no issues he says. I forgot to ask which phone he has.. but nonetheless, he's had no issues.

Friend in Florida took deliver on a 21 in January, and has no issues either. says he has the 13 on the 16 OS...

this has to be a software thing. In the forscan side of this topic, someone had beeped in saying it's an outside source interference on the 5g band.. referring to airports. I get that, and that would make more sense, however, i am not near any kind of antenna system, much less an airport..no depot yards, or dispatching places..

@FordTechOne what's the story with carplay? any insight whatsoever on it?
There just might be something to the 5G interference thing.

Our driveway has this weird spot that, when I'm working in the yard listening to music with my iPhone, if I happen to step into one area my AirPods lose connectivity, they crackle, pause the music, weird stuff, etc.

I've always assumed there was some band interference happening in that same spot. It just so happens when my Raptor is parked in the same area on the driveway, my iPhone does not connect automatically to CarPlay, USB doesn't even work. When I park in my usual spot, tho, everything connects fine. Just weird behavior.

highway420

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well you read the rest of this post? do you have a VPN on your phone by chance?